Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 99' B5, cloth interior, that super classy wood trim. I believe It's walnut. I've always been interested in replacing the trim but it all seems too complicated. For example, the wood trim piece on the passenger's door handle that you pull out to get to the screws that hold the interior door panel to the body of the door, that whole piece is wood...well... 'wood', it would all need to be replaced... which makes me doubt very sincerely these kits they sell on ebay that 'replace your whole interior'. I just doubt they sell those whole pieces in any color i want. Seems like if they weren't stickers, they would just tell us they weren't stickers...
So question is, has anyone done anything about their interior trim? I poked around a bit and didn't find anything definitive.

Also, bonus question: Steering wheel covers, I've done some research, 'wheelskins' appear to be well reviewed, even if you have to stitch them on yourself. Any comments on steering wheel covers?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Wheelskins steering wheel cover

I had one and I loved it. Good quality and perfect fit. The only thing I recommend is to wear gloves while installing it as pulling the thread tight to achieve good end results becomes uncomfortable about half way through.

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
I'm running a WheelSkins cover on my Passat along with the matching shifter boot. The shifter boot they offer for the Passat is a generic one so you'll need to make it fit yourself. I also used one of these on a Nova. It takes some time to stitch it on. I like the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts