Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does anyone else contantly loose these? Dont try to find them at LKQ in Austin, I stole them all during their black friday sale haha

2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
I never lost one, but I had to laugh about your black Friday sale 馃ぃ

Registered
Never lost one between multiple Passats in the family. I've had multiple turn signal assemblies fall out.

Registered
Never lost one between multiple Passats in the family. I've had multiple turn signal assemblies fall out.
ditto

Registered
If you are finding them difficult to retain, the best thing to do is to screw them in place. The best place to do this is on the outside of the thick, vertical bar on the grille. Use a screw, like the ones that hold the wheel well liners in place. Screw it in the upper, outside of that vertical bar, so the head of the screw is pointing towards the fog light.

Registered
I have found black zip ties around the two areas where the three grills meet are very handy at keeping them in place.

Registered
My wife has lost a few , eBay ones work fine , not sure how she鈥檚 loosing them, unless some one is 鈥渂orrowing 鈥 them with out asking......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Seems like the last 5 years, it's been brutal on the grills when taking long highway road trips. Each time some road debris, tire pieces, tumble weeds, rocks, small animals would hit the car, I would loose a grill and have a fog light taken out. I think I've lost 5 grills and during this past trip, I now need to replace a second fog lamp. Zip tying is a great idea ^^^. Not sure why I haven't thought about that.

Registered
I've lost 2 belly pans and driver's side fender liner from hitting things in the road and offroad.

Registered
I dropped a couple when the front end ran over a high curb when parking.
Luckily, most times I noticed it and picked up the loose part and popped it back on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts