Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he i was wondering if i coudl by a universal intercooler core and then get custom piping?? just wanted to know if that would work instead of paying 1500$$ for a intercooler from some companies

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
There are a couple evo FMIC for sale for around $800 or so in the classifieds. Do a search, they may have fallen back a few pages.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Vdub: was thinking about the same thing
Universal core from ForgeMotorsport apears to be $350 add some piping to that
and all setup gonna cost way under $500 :thumbup: Dont feel like dropping 1K on IC either. Anyone here done custom setup? Photos?

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I purchased a starion core and had the pipes bended for me. The core is only like $150 but the mandrel bent pipes will vary and be a bit more expensive!

Brian

·
Registered
111 Posts
$300 for starion IC??? Damn back when I was collecting parts for turbo hondas junkyards would sell them for $20.
JC Whiteney sells J and U bends of mandrel bent piping, in many diameters, for reasonable prices. Get a few of these and cut/weld/clamp them together to get what you need

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
e7c
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing