Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm installing my DIY FMIC this weekend. Sunday morning while the coffee is brewing, I go out and tinker a bit. I sit in front of the car, and lean over and twist to check something - too lazy to move some stuff out of the way, because I'm not doing any "real" work yet.

A teeny little "snap" in the middle of my back, then every muscle in my back spasms and cramps. I'm yelling to my wife for help. She thinks the car fell on me. Mayhem ensues. OW! OW! OWWOWOWOWOW!!!!!

Anyway, I lose the whole day of work Sunday, taking care of my back. At least I got to watch some good roadracing, but losing that weekend day will take several weeknights to make up. Darn.

Take care of your back! Don't bend and twist. Stretch. Make sure your muscles are warmed up before contorting yourself into an engine compartment.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Believe me I know it! I lose a few days a year due to back acting up (I'm 45)....with 4 boys and usual house crap...even all day meetings at work can do it.

One of the best things you can do is lots of crunches! Strengthen your abs to take a lot of the load off your back! I try to do a set most mornings before work...

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
You big baby! My back aches like that all the time. Get over it you wuss! :wink: :p :lol:

OK, really, sorry to hear about that. I hope you didn't do anything bad to your back. But as was said before, age is a nasty thing sometimes. I hope you feel better and can get your car back :wink: together before too much longer.

Take care of yourself! 8)

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
NASCAR was on FOX at 1:30. How'd the race go? :)

NASCAR + road racing = always an eventful race.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Wow, not to be rude, but that's funny!! :lol: Trust me, I know how you feel, played football in highschool and college and both my back and knees are shot!!!!! And I'm only 29!!!!! Can't wait till I'm 40 :???:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Take care of your selves people. Wear a belt, if you dont have a work man's wide a$$ belt, use a $10 leather weight lifter's belt. And use legs to lift not back. Watching my Dad, I can say, back issues can only get worse, so better safe than sorry.
About stretching, no cold stretches. Warm up before stretching too! Start a different thread in OT if you want to discuss stretching and warm up.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
stealthx32 said:
NASCAR was on FOX at 1:30. How'd the race go? :)

NASCAR + road racing = always an eventful race.
Nascar!!!! :crazy:

Ok...I do peek a few times when they vist Sears Point and Watkins Glen...

Yesterday was: (first three at Mid-Ohio)

9AM Speed Touring Car. (first win for the TSX...followed by many beemers and a Sentra)

10AM Speed GT (Audi S6 1-2...Caddy CTS-V 3rd)

11AM ALMS round #2 (Champion Audi #1....and Vettes 1-2 in GTS...with the Lambo debut a nice 4th first time out)

And some MotoGP at Assen too.....

Nice race day to rest the back!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Rusty, If you like ALMS...and have a decent PC and a Wheel....you can race any of those cars. We got some awesome free Mods that you install over EA's last F1 game. Even Kevin Buckler (Racers Group Porsche Team owner) helped out in the physics tuning.....Actually we have mods for many series going back to Group C in the early 80's. Latest is every car/team from ALMS and LeMans '01 to '03! You name a world wide track and we most likely have it too! Great fun against AI or Online. Got Leagues too....

Here's a start pic.....forget the track..maybe Sugo. Takes a min to load...

http://forum.rscnet.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=202195

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.