Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i took out my A.W.E stage 3 clutch and lo and behold when i remove the bell housing the flywheel start ring dangles out to greet me! :shock:

As i pull out the gear box i'm greeted by the shine slivers of metal that used to be part of the stater and its housing and thrown in for good measure the the bolts from the starter ring have been ripped out and destroyed. :shock:

I pull the clutch and to my amazement it's still loaded with material it's its just glazed over and shiny like a baby's hiney! so im calling A.W.E!

I pray that none of you ever have to change a starter! :mad:

I will post pictures when i get home tonight, cry for me!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
LORD THUNDERING JESUS :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I just put in a Stage II of theirs...hope yours proves to be defective of sorts! And that they cover it...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Green_Hornet said:
I just put in a Stage II of theirs...hope yours proves to be defective of sorts! And that they cover it...
Now thats what i call positve thinking :lol: , well no pics until tomorrow i had to run around long island and queens trying to locate a new flywheel found one in medford. so this day was wasted.

I promise pics tomorrow or else. but on the good side my car will be back on the road for sure! :)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bumpdate!

Well the good news is if you take out the gearbox you can reach over the housing to reach the starter, yipee! Done and replaced.

Now the bad news, I have a siezed, frozen, welded, bonded and whatever other permanent word you can think of -pilot bearing.

I tryed to pull it but the guts just fell out, and the race stayed behind. I used a chisel a screwdriver and bearing puller to no avail, any idea's anyone?

I ordered a special puller "please let us pray"

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Give me a few days my gear box is in a grabage can, my clutch is in the back seat and the flywheel is in my living room, dam my car sounds like frankenstein. pic wont come until the sun comes out! :cry:

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
:shock: Damn, Steve...

Although, I have to say...I read this:

20vvillian said:
Give me a few days my gear box is in a grabage can, my clutch is in the back seat and the flywheel is in my living room, dam my car sounds like frankenstein.
And now I'm :lol: so hard that I'm :cry: as well!

Oy...good luck!

Andy

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AJChenMPH said:
:shock: Damn, Steve...

Although, I have to say...I read this:

20vvillian said:
Give me a few days my gear box is in a grabage can, my clutch is in the back seat and the flywheel is in my living room, dam my car sounds like frankenstein.
And now I'm :lol: so hard that I'm :cry: as well!

Oy...good luck!

Andy
Its so good to see you care andy, lets hope you treat patients better! :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
12 Participants
20vvillian
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing