Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Flowmaster/superturbo dynomax and weekend project

1K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  ryan8186 
#1 · (Edited)
anyone have either of these on? i am just wondering how you like it.

doing a bunch of work this weekend and muffler swap is on the list. i dont want to sound ricy and think those are better. I am going to get some decent tips for em and take my resonator off also.

I know alot of you dont like the racing look on our cars, but Im 19 and its what im into. when i graduate im going new M3, so this is just my toy since the loss of the 3000gt earlier this year(sold not crashed). Here is somewhat what im going for. Beginners photoshop of Mister_Rogers car. also throwin on hybrid BO valve and front mounting the intercooler. installing some fog lights. Cutting the vision racing looking hood scoops on(the carbon fiber hood thats on andysautosport) and looking for leather seats. I do all the work myself so any suggestions for easy mods?

im not looking to spend a ton of cash either.
The rims are on hold, but those are the ones that I want or the konig freefalls. I am going to do chip and ko4 at some point but later in the year or early next.

MINUS THE STRIPE...i was just messin around with photoshop

See less See more
#2 ·
take off the stripes please... everything else looks good. but for someone with limited budget, i'm not sure how you're going to get an affordable paint job. and fyi, the maaco special will look like $hit.

fmic, k04, vesatec fogs sound like good mods. please don't do the stripes... spoiler, stick to oem or get the m3 lip.

other mods, maybe throw on some spacers for a wider stance.

#3 ·
family does it all...i have a garage for everything(11 uncles all mechanics). But the car needs more than just blue so im going to keep some sort of decal. It looks so plain in seeing I have no body kit on it, I might do the lips when i find them for the bumper. i am going with a spoiler like that, the design is from the reiger A4 spoiler.

thanks for the input

#6 ·
ha...thats why i said im a youngin and enjoy that look hoping no one would say stuff. Im going to make the scoop functional but it will be more for looks(like putting staggered wheels on a front wheel drive car?) ha. if I wasnt going to be moving the IC, the one scoop would go to that and the other would be for intake(but our stock already has a ram tube essentially) If I had 2gs extra to put into the performance i would! All this work will only cost a couple hundred max with these parts all at cost.

Im ready for the pokes, but you have to like what you have!

#9 ·
im 19 too and i wouldnt be caught dead in the pic you posted of your plans. looks good with the fmic the rims and no stripe..drop it like its hot..k04 get exhaust and then maybe body kit. Personally if your getting an m3 soon i think its kinda retarded that you wanna hook up this car... But hey its your money! Good luck on making it a rice machine. and you can stop using the "im a younging and im 19" as an excuse for wanting to make your car look nasty

Ps. Get these tails they will look sick on your ride.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-0...tegoryZ33710QQihZ019QQitemZ290037386846QQrdZ1

#10 ·
Do what the heck you want, but don't expect everyone on here to kiss your arse if it doesn't conform with what they think a Passat should look like.

I'm getting tired of this "you're doing it wrong, do it like this" attitude and I know I can't be the only one.

Do a few searches for Femi's car, that didn't conform but was/is awesome.

/rant

#14 ·
Age ain't nothin but a number (at least, that's what she said when I asked if she was 18...)

Jordan's 18, and here's his car

I'm 20, here's my car

Please for the love of the car's roots, don't make it look "tuner-ish." If you're into that look, go Japanese. If anything, you'll save a HECK of a lot of money on parts. Compare prices aftermarket parts on a VW to a Honda and get back to me.

#15 ·
i HAD a mitsu 3000gt, but those days are over..just playin around now...its my hobby. i get most parts at cost or around 20% off, but those kinda parts dont matter for price really. i just dont want to pay for anything that the dealer tries to rip me off on ie a window regulator when i only need the clips. thanks for all the responses even tho they are mostly bashing..gahhhh

#17 ·
#20 ·
Again, Jordan's car doesn't really have minimal change done to the exterior either. (Mine won't either come this summer ;))

As far as a fmic goes, that is complete rice if you get that before a chip. If I pulled up beside a Passat with a new paint job, wing, fmic, but it had stock wheels and stock ride height, and worse yet, was slow, I don't know what I'd do. Probably laugh, then cry, then beat myself senseless and lie in the fetal position on the floor because I didn't know how to express the emotions I felt. Don't do it man.

#21 ·
the black one IS gorgeous and have no objections to any of it and im sure urs will be too. i agree not upgradeing performance b4 looks is :crazy: and i ALWAYS laughed when i saw crap hondas with a ton ext. and still only 100horse(but thats all they had and wanted it to at least look nice), but i dont have any connections to get chip and ko4 cheap like i do with some of the other mods. again...i apreciate all the comments as they do get me to rethink lapses in judgement :thumbup:

#22 ·
Yeah, and to be honest, I'm really not flaming too much. I almost got neon underbody lights and white wheels for my car when I first had it...

Watch the classifieds, and you can get some serious deals on some great stuff. People sell chips, wheels, suspension etc on there all the time for real cheap. When it boils down to it, it is your car and do what you want, but I feel hopefully you can find a mix between the Tuner and Euro look. :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.