Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of an aftermarket floormat that fits well and has the hold down anchors?

One of the "cheapest" accessories on the Passat is a floormat that lasts about a year before getting holes under the driver's heals.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PassatRide:

Thanks for the ggbailey.com site. Checked them out. Interesting Products. They do not mention the Passat anchors on their site. They have the floor gromets used in Fords, and their own "straightpin" device. I've EMAILed them for more info on the Passat anchor. (The Gromet might work)

Anyone have experience with this company they'd like to share

·
Registered
298 Posts
eDerzawiec said:
PassatRide:

Thanks for the ggbailey.com site. Checked them out. Interesting Products. They do not mention the Passat anchors on their site. They have the floor gromets used in Fords, and their own "straightpin" device. I've EMAILed them for more info on the Passat anchor. (The Gromet might work)

Anyone have experience with this company they'd like to share
No problem, eDerawiec.

Just verify the grommet style since I not real clear if it's the same as OEM.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GG Bailey

Got an EMAIL from GG Bailey..

"The <retainer> parts used are licensed to VW and we have not located a suitable substitution.." "..our grommets would accommodate the <VW> post but they would not be able to “snap” down and hold the mat completely in place like the factory retention does. The grommet does keep the mat from just laying over the post and sticking up." "<The Mats> would come with two sets of mat-locs clips" <to keep them in place>.

Sounds worth trying. The GG Bailey Mats are $70 (front) , claim to be higher quality, and offer customization options at reasonable prices. The OEM are $75(front/rear- I never need rear mats) and have proven to be of VERY poor quality. I ruled out the rubber Monster mats, I prefer carpet.

·
Moderate Moderator
16,463 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.