Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I received my Flik Wasp 18x7.5 from Edge Racing and I have an appointment for Wednesday to get my new shocks/springs installed at which time I wanted to get the wheels mounted too.

Do I need to buy new lugnuts and hubcentric rings to mount them on my 2003 V6 Variant?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I'm pretty sure you will need them. Did the rings not come with the wheels? If not call the place you got them from and order rings and lugs, unless your install place has them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wst said:
I'm pretty sure you will need them. Did the rings not come with the wheels? If not call the place you got them from and order rings and lugs, unless your install place has them.
I opened only 1 box so far and it only contains the wheel with mounted tire. If I call Edge Racing then it will be at least one week until I get them since they are in FL and I'm in CA. It already took them 4 business days just to process my order and ship the wheels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You must absolutely use hubcentric spacers. The weight of the car is supported by the hub not the lugs. Also if not hubcentric yoou will definately get vibrations. You should have purchased the wheels with the correct offset as to not need spacers in the first place!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts