Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Does anyone actually own the HiTec spring/shock combo? Reason I ask is that all the pics shown at various websites show the rears as being one integrated unit and not a sep. spring/shock. I'm assuming the pic is one from a diff. make of vehicle (the front strut is not the fork-style for VWs)...

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have it. The rear is 2 peices not intergrated. I like it. 55mm front and 45mm rear. Car has a Rake look but not ass high in the air. I got mine from J's house of Euro.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Best money I ever spent (aside from that whole deal with the mislabled rear springs) Still have to get the rear coilover springs installed but as of right now, I bet ya, Ya can't tell the diff bet FK and the more expensive ones. Go for it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
IGM. I likes-- good ride. I went for the level look. I never checked to see if my order was screwed up b/c I like the way it rides and looks, whatever the drop ended up being :crazy: .

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
How much of a drop is 40mm?? :???: (Is 40mm more of a drop than the H+R's?)How much does the H+R/ Bilstien's drop a 98 auto? I got that set-up and want to go lower in the rear.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have 98 5 Speed and the back I can fit like 3 fingers and the front almost tucks. I have pics but I have no clue how to host them and post them on Clubb5.com. The car looks so mean with that drop. :D :D. I had qouted a 55/45 drop. I looked at the chart and its the lowest on the chart which would be 55/40

·
Registered
665 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Did the fronts come as an assembled unit (including the correct 11degree angle between the mounting fork and the top plate bolts) and you just popped 'em in?
That would be a big bonus...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Heck no :mad:

Man, it was a bit of an arduous task to get those things right. Marking the stock location is a BIG step not to miss. You have to put it all togother. My install took about two days (with down time and stuff, on a hot 2003 late late summer weekend.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Eh, in that case, I'd be better off getting some Bilsteins Sports for $360 (I already have Pro-Kits). Having the fronts come pre-assembled was tempting enough to contemplate getting the FK set... oh well.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
dloemt said:
Heck no :mad:

Man, it was a bit of an arduous task to get those things right. Marking the stock location is a BIG step not to miss. You have to put it all togother. My install took about two days (with down time and stuff, on a hot 2003 late late summer weekend.
Don't know about that, though I didn't do install myself, I was watching Bel install it. The rears I probably couldve done myself. The fronts looked easy especially since he had a pneumatic spring compressor. The thing that looked tough was the actual removal of the stock. So many things have to be done just to get it out. Before removing the assembly, he marked a spot then went ahead with the changed. Took him 10 mins to do each side.

I don't think there is a difference between this kit and another.

The drop of the 35/40mm kit was a lot more than I though it would be (stated at 1.5") But I like it

This pic still has the wrong rear springs which may contribute as to why the fronts are so low. But it's got a mean stance :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
12 Participants
eirebob
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing