Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as I'm not a fan of Chrome, I wanted rid of the front Passat grill...no disrespect to the VW badge which is still proudly on the rear...

Pretty simple install apart from the damn latch, its a pain to remove it so I ended up making the hole larger to feed it through...

Before:

And after:

I think it looks pretty badass, and much cleaner... :D
car is really dirty right now, but oh well...

Quality of the grill is pretty impressive also, its made of ABS plastic...and its a perfect fit...

Let me know what ya think...

Wheels I'm getting on Sat, oh yea...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sweet! I always thought those oversized logos were annoying. 8)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
selurffoeg said:
looks great! Nice and stealthy without the chrome.... and what, 3-5 hp?
:thumbup:
Thank you very much...

3-5hp, oh at least :lol:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Grill looks great :thumbup:
Do you mind if I ask how much $? Thinking of doing the same for my '99...
Also, as a fellow PDXer, do you have a good independant VW shop to recommend? I'm looking to have my new ECS timingbelt kit installed soon...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
b5boyd said:
Grill looks great :thumbup:
Do you mind if I ask how much $? Thinking of doing the same for my '99...
Also, as a fellow PDXer, do you have a good independant VW shop to recommend? I'm looking to have my new ECS timingbelt kit installed soon...
Thanks man...

Grill was 100 euro including shipping for me...

I'm no longer in Portland unfortunately, I'm in Ireland now...
But I'd highly recommend Matrix Enginnering, give Jeremy a call at (503)443-1141 those guys did a lot of great work on my former A4...
http://www.matrixengineering.cc/about_1.php they are one of the few places I trusted to leave my car at, and they have good rates also...tell them Colin sent you...I intent to be back in Portland in two years...hopefully that jobs market really takes off-it hurt me this time last year and I had to move and sell my previous car...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bicster said:
Sweet! I always thought those oversized logos were annoying. 8)
Thanks...

Yea the VW logo at the front is rather large, it would look good painted in Black, but it was the rest of the chrome on the grill that annoyed me...

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
i think you should but on the chrome trim on the badgeless grill. the chrome headlights don't really fit the, now, dark appearance of the grill, but it still looks sweet. Nice job :D

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The grill looks nice 8)

sonnybk said:
i think you should but on the chrome trim on the badgeless grill. the chrome headlights don't really fit the, now, dark appearance of the grill, but it still looks sweet. Nice job :D
Chrome headlights :???: What are u talking about :???:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
TX-B5.5 said:
The grill looks nice 8)

sonnybk said:
Chrome headlights :???: What are u talking about :???:
wow...is everyone crazy on this board? :crazy:

the inside of the headlights are shiny (chrome). what else did u think i meant. Are we looking at a different picture of the car, or what? :???:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Just got my Kamei grill today. I was gonna get one just like yours (cuz its cheaper than a Kamei) but then some user sold me his perfect conditon Kamei for the same price as one like urs so I bought the kamei. Its looking good and looks WAY better than with the stock one. I agree with u guys, that logo is enourmous!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
r3awak3n
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing