Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your opinions on quality of FK products especialy lights.
Are they good, bad, full BS?
All opinions are appreciated

TIA
:)

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
My FK badgeless grille has never sat nicely on the bumper. The stock bumper, it doest even clip in nicely and the bottom clips never hold. On the RS bumper, I drilled holes to hold it in, and it was fine. I wouldnt bother IMO, just doesnt pass my quality standards. And Im not the only one that's had issues.

Steve

·
Registered
83 Posts
Their customer service definitely sucks...
They advertised angel eye headlamps for the B5 in their 2004 catalogue which were supposed to be released April 04 in Europe - its now nearly August and still nothing. I have lost count of the number of times I have emailed them enquiring about them and have had not a single reply. Apparantly, after speaking to loads of dealers over here and in Germany, that is just the way they are. I'm glad I never paid up front for a set...

Jamie

PS A friend who works for D&W in Germany did tell me though that when the stuff eventually does turn up it is usually good gear...

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I bought a chrome FK badgeless grill for a B5.5 and the thing sucked. It was so fragile I broke one of the clips even before I put it on the car. It just felt cheap and looked cheap too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just spoke to Roy from CA Automotive who are the UK importers for FK products and he said they and a few other UK dealers have just been turned over by FK and they are launching a campaign against them. Doesn't look like I'm going to get my Angel Eyes at all :cry:

I think maybe I'll have a go at making them myself if I can get a set of those Hella lamps with the clear lenses

Jamie

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I only buy FK products because I have a very small budget to work with. The FK cupkit that i have purchased is amazing. I don't see how i can be any happier with anything else... unless it's KW coilovers. I also have their super bright bulbs. I am happy with them, especially because they were fairly inexpensive. I noticed that with the badgeless front grill, the fit was not the greatest. I had to zip-tie the lower portions of the grill in order for it to fit better. If I could do it again i would purchase the mattig grill instead.... although i do have a kamei mesh grill hanging around... i still like the FK better.

FK is a unique company, be careful with what you buy, but don't close the door to them just yet, they still have quiet afew good products.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
well i ony have their suspension but i love it and the quality is great.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well I can only speak for the FK badgeless black grill that I have:
I found it to be solidly constructed and a perfect fit...No issues for me...

·
Registered
56 Posts
A no vote here for their handling of last year's problem with rear springs in their 35/40mm kit. Among other things, customers who installed the mislabeled or defective springs were promised reimbursement for their reinstall. To my knowledge, noone has been reimbursed. In my case, they didn't even afford me the dignity of a reply to my request for reimbursement. I wouldn't recommend them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.