Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time ago I posted that I have damaged my belly pan after I lowered my car.

Ok, I know what some of you would say. That I am cheap fixing it, not buying one.
Well I am finding it senseless since the bell pan is under the car to protect our oil pan.

I decided to fix it and spend the $100 I have saved on something else ;)

so here it goes
I have spent $20 on all needed material at Home Depot.
I bought an aluminum sheet (AL is lighter than steel, and we are looking to keep the belly pan light, it is also flexible, so I could shaped it to the belly pan shape)
Using Drewmel I cut it to the needed shape.

Now I only have to cut the vent openings and install it on the car ;)

Here are some pics

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Good job man. I give a thumbs up to your DIY approach. You kinda give me ideas. You got that Al for only 20 bucks? Seems like a good amount of metal. Maybe the nay-sayers are raggin on use of Al.. maybe should blinged it with some platinum. Give it that show quality zing necessary for the B5 connisuerrs.

Good job again. And about that falling off.. I think you got enough rivets in there to hold the whole car together.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wapptor said:
Ghetto, but if it works, more power to you! I'd cut out those vents though, thats my only concern.

-Wapptor
read my first post. this is what I have to do before I install the thing. I just run out of blades for my drewmel :poke:
Now I only have to cut the vent openings and install it on the car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.