Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Productive Sunday. I installed the W8 sunroof and overhead light controller kit from ECS tuning. It went in easy and looks great. I love the soft red illumination of the shifter area from the LEDs. In the process of installing that, I tracked down an annoying dash rattle and fixed that.

When I had a remote start installed, the mechanics didn't replace all the screws for the knee bolster and its aluminum backing plate. The rattle was the aluminum backing plate bouncing around. Tightened that up with extra screws and NO rattle.

And, while I was down there, I removed the DRL modual and took care of that too! All in all, a nice Sunday spent with the B5. Next, I'll install the clear corners I have and order the parts to replace my timing belt (again, from ECS). I have to wait for the garage to dry out, however. Spring snow melt has left my garage floor very wet.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rcaton1 said:
How about posting pics
I suck at the internet and don't have a clue how to do photos. If you go to the ECS Tuning web site, there are complete instructions with detailed photos of the W8 controller kit install. The photos are good quality and very helpful.

·
Registered
100 Posts
actually wanted to see the pics of yours (always cool to see the actual mod of a fellow member). plans on doing the same mod soon... looks fairly simple :beer:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts