Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Fix Your Recalls Now !!!

3K views 45 replies 19 participants last post by  katone 
#1 ·
#2 ·
let me guess 1.8t automatic? am i right?

well that sucks i hope no one got hurt, to bad for the car but at least it was in the driveway and not when you were rollin down the highway

#8 ·
by the way its a farily new engine - VW replaced it @ 98k because it was burnning oil they were gonna just replace the rings? I know nothing about engines - but they did the whole thing only about 25-30 k on the new one we thought we were gonna get another 8 yrs out of this car and now this

#17 ·
To have an internal oil fire you need sufficient O2 for combustion and in the crank case or exhaust system there isn't a lot of it, surely not enought to sustain a long term fire .. even if it did have an internal fire .. how does the fire get out .. its all enclosed?

I can see potential if there was an external leak dripping on a hot engine part which could be caused by overfilling ( by a lot ) or oil leaks .. and on a 35K replacement engine VW should be looking at it.

#12 ·
I dont think this is a fuel line thing it from the heat sheild the cat get too hot and it burns the sheild and then the rest of the car - the oil thing just makes me sick - we have been going to the local oil change place for almost 3 yrs now I dont see how oil can cause a fire inside the exhaust ?!?!

#20 ·
hell - if VWoA is going to take the heat for toasting your car then tell your adjuster to take a hike. You don't need some idiot causing trouble with some hair brained explanation as to why they shouldn't cover the loss. It VWoA covers the cost then the insurance co. doesn't have anything to say about it - right?

#22 ·
then why do they care ? the dude I talked with was very understanding he has seen the pics. and knows it a wagon - if its not on wagons why would WV pay for my rental I think its gonna be all 1.8t autos - that is what I cant figure out why dont they just let VW do there thing and stay out of it untill VW is done - and its not really an adjuster he already gave me a payout amount this is and indpendant fire investagater hired by my ins.

#24 ·
Wagons are not excluded, mine was recalled. Az, maybe yours just didn't fit in the VIN range...

#25 ·
I wish i could - its nice to have a place like this to vent and here from other VW owners I drove this car for the fisrt 4 ys ( my wife drove it till the end ) and I loved every min. of it - I have my heart set on the Touareg 2 - VW says the will pay me retail for the passat plus a 3k dealer credit if its their fault so that is what we are hoping for

thanks again !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.