Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought our first Passat, a 2018 SE w/12K miles. Flew from MI to FL and drove her home. Averaged 37 mpg with freeway speeds 75-80 mph. I bought a 2012 Touareg TDI Executive earlier this year which is our first VW and first diesel car. My positive impressions of that car steered me toward the Passat which is to replace my wife's '02 Bonneville that I've owned since '03. I'm really impressed with the quietness and solid driving experience.

·
Registered
2014 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium
21 Posts
Welcome to the group! I kinda stumbled into my first Passat...needed a commuter car quick and found a 2004 in a chicken farmer's driveway for $3000 a few years ago. It was beat up pretty bad but it turned out to be a great car. I put about 45,000 miles on that sucker in just about 3 years. I've never been a sedan guy...I've almost always had a truck. Bought a 2014 TDI Passat last month. They are great cars, for sure!

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's funny how some people seem to have terrible luck with the B5 passats (like your 2004) and other people get 45,000 fairly trouble free miles and it converts them over

·
Registered
4 Posts
welcome glad to here i unfortuntly and one of the ones that has an 06 passat 2.0 turbo that is full of problems but not giving up on it yet hopfull i can get some answers here

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome, you’ll love the car. I’ve been super happy with mine been the best car for the commute I’ve had.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, nice having y'all here. Just got the 2007 Passat turbo, been enjoying the beautiful damsel until she came up with a steering assistance failure then locked me out entirely. Right now don't have access to this beauty as key fob and manual key won't unlock the door :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts