Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first VW, or even a German car. Bought a beat up 2004. It was abused. Cigarette burns and bullet dings. After just a little work and very little money, it started to run fine. The handling is great. I have never had suspension like this. Soft as a family car, firm as a sports car. I still don't know which this car is. The turbo is whining and may go out anytime soon. I am already looking for a place to have it rebuilt so I can replace it.

I could not believe how easy the timing belt was to replace. I like to do the least amount of work, and it took nothing at all to replace the rear coolant flange without removing more then a few hoses. The parts are so cheap compared to my other cars. Since this model matches with an Audi A4, I find lots of upgrades to do.

I was so pleased with it, and my son was from driving it, that he bought one. A 2003. It still needs the flange, water pump, t belt and a speed sensor. It shorted out the dash because the water in the cabin filter. We are still working on a better solution to the opening.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts