Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went ahead and took advantage of the beautiful day yesterday--threw on a Kamei SportGrill and a pair of the Crystal Clear corners, and then some SilverStar headlight replacements to boot...

Before:

After: (we cut those gray plastic vertical slips with a Dremel--cleaner look imo)

Corners Closeup:

All in all, ridiculously fast and easy installation--very pleased especially with how badass the corners look at night! :thumbup:

I do have a question, however...while working around under the hood I started to take a closer look at the air filter / box setup and intake we have and it appears to be rather...eh, weak? I was wondering what the "most common" application is to gain performance in this area. Sure I could drop a K&N in the box but I was thinking of going with a cone filter (although then what do we do with the MAP sensor on top of the airbox?) Is there a known aftermarket solution available for this? Any help is *GREATLY* appreciated guys!! :D

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
very nice change with the mods....as for air intake upgrades its really not done for performance as most companies have found that the OEM box is extremely efficient. That being said most companies sell an intake but don't expect alot if any horsepower from it. That also being said intakes can sound cool and hence I bought one for my GTi which has a place to plug in the sensor. Good luck and since I haven't seen ya welcome to CB5 from another local guy

·
Registered
237 Posts
What an improvement! I've got to get that grill. Where did you get those corners?? I also see you added the buck tooth.

Jonathan

·
Registered
424 Posts
I got a custom one that has a heatshield. It doesnt do much for power but sounds nice. You can see on my site, http://www.tobykoenig.com and click on the passat link.

Its amazing how much better the kamei grill and cc corners look isnt it? Another really amazing change Mod is getting the lowers painted.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments guys! Jjasper13, I actually ordered both the grill and the corners from www.fastaddiction.com Parts arrived in like 3-4 days, was very pleased overall, and they have a decent selection of stuff.

Thanks for the input on the intake kunta--I guess for now I'll think about just keeping the stock airbox and focusing my next attention to getting GIAC chipped...AWE Tuning outside of Phila, PA certainly isn't very far from here, muahaha :wink:

·
Registered
556 Posts
I was just going to say the same thing! Definitely need HIDs now!!

And hey what do ya know...I got a pair for sale... :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts