Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought this Passat at autumn 2012. It's produced 2006, sportline 1.9 TDi, and it looked like this:

The car was located a few hundred kilometers from my home, so it took some timo me to get it. But first things first, i needed to be a little more quicker. So as soon I was back home, my friend made a new engine control software. He took out all he could with original parts and it's about 150 horsepower, disable the EGR-valve and made a few other little things to it too..

The car was in a pretty good shape, but of course I needed to make some things it as soon as possible.

Windows were tinted

Needed to get it lower and put new alloywheels on it.

those are 20" and wear on 245-30/20" tires.

Coilover set. At this point I have lowered the car about 70mm.

The paint surface started to be in a pretty bad condition so me and my friend (here known as Lee Bargain) polished it.

Before:

Lee Bargain making his work. The surface is so damn hard that it needs a lot of force to make it good.

50/50

And after:

And then. Something snapped in my head and I thought that the car is way too similar.. SO..

We wrapped it with some friends of mine. The roof is matte black and rest of the car is glitterbased matte army green.

(yeah, I know... the rear end is way too high in those few pictures, but that problem is fixed...)

This last picture has peen taken a few weeks back..

Then I bored the original sound system.. RNS510 is on it's way to me. I installed a Helix PP82DSP 8ch plug and play DSP/amplifier, full active 3-way front speaker set and a 12" subwoofer to the back.

The DSP is so small that it fitted to the glowbox

And one last shot..

Thanks for reading and tell your opinion.

Best regards,

Korhonen
Finland

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replyes! Someone likes it and someone won't :D I am pretty satisfied, but this colour have been over a year allready so maybe will change it at the winter.. I think that I will shave off the chrome side lines at the same time and install a R-line bodykit... Will see...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thought that too, so I dipped those chromes with matt black.. didn't like it and ripped those dips away.. chrome gives a nice contrast to the matt IMO. few people have said it too that make them black, but after a while many of them have said that keep it that way... :D But I'm seriously thinking that shaving those side line chrome lists away.

·
Registered
260 Posts
First of all, Korhonen, thanks for wrapping the car just as we had it polished to near perfection. You ruined it. :lol:

But seriously....it´s a sick ride and I love you, bro. In a straight-kinda way.:p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
That's true.

HipHey! I will receive my RNS510 version F at next week and yesterday I ordered a new Can Gateway from ebay to prevent battery drain. Also ordered a aux in cable to play music from my phone. Alltought the helix dsp has a aux in and it work,s but when you use that volume control must be done from the phone and I don't like that. I want to use those buttons on the steering wheel :)

·
Registered
997 Posts
How about painting the chrome with matte clear plastidip? Would give it a matte finish but still be chrome colored and might match better? I don't think I'd like the matte black either, and also agree the color is a nice contrast but I don't think it looks that great glossy. Of course it's your car and if you're happy that's awesome! It does look pretty good.

Also I think the R-Line pieces will help as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haven't tought that matte clear dip at all.. that might work. But I think that I'll just take those side chromes away and change the wrap colour.. But there is a little problem, don't know what would be that colour :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

And its installed but still waiting the can gateway controller. But yeah, RNS510 is a great multimedia device. How could I ever lived without it :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got my new Can Gateway, but it was wrong.. tested it but it didn't work pretty well... my Friend bought it to his Golf V and I ordered a new on.

After installation my steering column lock didn't work at all and I started to get very weird fault codes..

So.. Now I just have to use that fastfix method to prevent the battery drain and wait the new can controller to arrive..

It works :cool: And plays DVD:s while driving ;):) (and that's a picture from finnish movie and was filmed here in Lapland)

Installed Aux in to RNS and got the MFD to show radio/navi information

and coded the colour scheme to sportlinemode

Much better than the "premium" scheme that was before :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts