Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...feel as if my car can grace the pages of the Showroom. Been taking my time with it and have been swapping a lot of stuff out and getting the finishing touches done. Now all I need is a better camera man and hopefully get some rolling shots done soon. :D

The car - 2004 GLX 4motion, 30V V6, 5-speed Tip

The pics

The mods

Exterior

JOM Badgeless Grille
Debadged rear
Color-matched Eurospec mouldings
35/20% tint
ECS tuning stubby antenna
Clean front bumper

Interior

Red dome lights
2 10" Kicker Comp VR subs
300w Rockford Fosgate Punch amp
Stealthily mounted bass control knob
Passport 8500 X50

Performance

K&N Air Filter
H&R Coilovers
Brembo Rotors
PBR Ceramic/Kevlar pads
Super Blue brake fluid

Wheels & Tires

17x7 Centerline Forged Aluminum Wheels (13.5 lbs each)
Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position tires 225/45/17

Future Mods

Pes G2 Supercharger
Supersprint catback exhaust
Level 10 Torque Converter
Custom Headliner
Fully shaved front and rear bumpers with front lip blended
Shaved door handles and antenna
Shaved trunk
Bigger, more Euro wheels
Smoked headlights and tailights
Darker front windows
Wheel spacers

So there it is. Let me know what you guys think. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
nice ride! I got a silverstone 02 with 17" wheels and coilovers. your car reminds me of mine alot, so I like it!

Keep up the good work and keep us informed on your new mods u do

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Holy light ass wheels batman! Nice car. :thumbup:

Can you please take pictures of the car on a sunny day w/ the windows closed and the sunroof open? Thank you! (Reason is because I'm not sure if I should get 35/20 or 50/35).

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Holy light ass wheels batman! Nice car. :thumbup:

Can you please take pictures of the car on a sunny day w/ the windows closed and the sunroof open? Thank you! (Reason is because I'm not sure if I should get 35/20 or 50/35).
nice clean car....
good choice on the PES:)

oh joseph..i wouldnt do split tinting like that..i have never liked the way it looked.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh joseph..i wouldnt do split tinting like that..i have never liked the way it looked.
That's what I thought at first but honestly I don't think the 35/20 looks all that bad. In most of the pictures I took you can't even really tell that the front is lighter.

But in any case I'm getting the front windows redone 20% before I move to New Mexico, California tint laws suck and my car already attracts enough attention as is. :D

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
even with g2, i dont think u need a level 10. most other sc'd v6s here are tiptronic and i dont recall them getting the level 10 upgrade.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
even with g2, i dont think u need a level 10. most other sc'd v6s here are tiptronic and i dont recall them getting the level 10 upgrade.
I know it's not absolutely necessary but from what I've heard the stock TC gets overwhelmed when the G2 hits full boost at the lower rpms. Even so it'll probably go in long after I get all the body work done and a supersprint catback.

Then when the tranny fails from me running the 2.9" pulley and 100 octane program on the supercharger I'm going to swap in a beefed up B5 S4 6-speed.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
never though i woulda like thoes kinda wheels on a passat, but it friggin works man!
When I first looked at them I was thinking the same thing. Sometimes when I look at them on my car I think, "Damn these things belong on a 5.0 stang or some shit." :lol:

But they are the lightest rims you're going to find for the price and they'll make good auto-x/drag wheels once I get some 18's or 19's next show season.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts