Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For wintertime that is! It's been unseasonably warm (+30) most of the winter. I love the bitterly cold weather we used to get. Reminds me of the days I used to spend boardin' or skiin' in sub-zero temps. The sound of trees splitting from the cold is one of my favorite things about winter. And yes, I am crazy.

Right Now for
Duluth, MN (55811)

On The Spot Weather

Mostly Cloudy -10°F
Feels Like -38°F

Updated Feb 17 03:45 p.m. CT

UV Index: 0 Low
Wind: From WNW at 24 mph
gusting to 28 mph

Humidity: 44%
Pressure: 30.68 in.
Dew Point: -24°F
Visibility: 7.0 miles

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
You're one of those that has a block heater, eh?

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
We had -29 this morning with no wind. The B5/Miata/Tercel all fired right up without being plugged in. I love fuel injection.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No block heater. Pains me to start it in the mornings that it's cold, but the heated garage is only a month away :)

It's about 10 degrees warmer around Lake Superior usually too.

·
Registered
549 Posts
60 degrees in mich,played 18 holes today,life is good:thumbup: (all you guys in cali,fla,and texas save it!):D

·
Registered
777 Posts
Thawing here too and I'm none too happy about it. :mad:
My routine Sunday-morning bike ride had to be diverted off of my beloved river trails due to mud. It was DEEP

At least when it was frozen, I could bounce over the top of the ground.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
?Not quite getting what's nice about -10 degree weather? :confused:

All I know is here in NJ, the weather did a complete 180. From 40's to 60's in what seemed like 1 day. It's rainy today, but it isn't really cold. I know we may have a few hidden storms within the next couple of weeks, but my Spring decor is out and ready to go :thumbup: This is my favorite time of year :)

·
Registered
777 Posts

It doesn't really matter what the temperature is. They make great clothing now that is super effective in any weather.

When it's frozen, it's really nice and quiet except for the crunching of your feet (read: tires). Fresh air. No bugs. No bums. Beautiful nature and physical excersise! :thumbup:

Just as long as it isn't WET.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
I am not a big fan of the cold now that I'm older (ech em 34). I think hurting my back has a lot to do with it too. I get stiff quicker, so I am more hesitant to hang out in the cold, let alone do something active to risk hurting myself more. Sure, when I was a kid, it wasn't a problem. I loved to be outside in the cold. There was nothing like playing outside in the cold all day and then coming in to a nice hot grilled cheese and tomato soup meal :thumbup:

Now and days, if I have to put on thermals, gloves and a hat to stay warm, I prefer to stay inside. However, once the weather breaks, I like to canoe, bike ride, rollerblade ect.... I also play on my company Soft Ball team which starts next month.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts