Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a good couple of years, but finally i have my ls-vtec eg hatchcrap done! Well..almost. My mechanic got it tuned and dynoed on tuesday. supposedly, according to him, it made 197 whp, and 135tq at 8300 or so. I should really get it dynoed at another shop just to be objective.

this is on 91-oct gas, 11:1 comp, stock bore, n/a. :) the block is ls b18b, stock rods, oem itr pistons, b16 vtec head, p&p, skunk st.2 cams, other exhaust mods. the redline is set at 9300. It is tuned with a hondata s200 piggyback. the only restriction point is the hi-flow cat. I think i can make 200whp with gutting the cat, and/or getting a glasspack.

tranny is a b16 tranny w/ a 4.9 fd, 6-puck act clutch, lightweight flywheel, and quaife helical . i love the tight gearing.

Before i believe that, i will have to see a the actual dyno. But according to the way the car drives, it could be plausible. the power builds up more predictably than i would think.

So far, i do like the car. i prefer it over the sr20det 240. it does need suspension work though, and a decent alignment. it also looks terrible with the multi-colored body panes and scrapes. it will need a makeover when i have the funds.

I'll see if i can get some pics later on. thanks for reading! :)

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i agree it will be good for the vehicle's weight. too much power, and i think it will be difficult to learn to drive. also, making more power would have meant going higher compression, which would have prob meant having to using higher than the 91-oct we have here in cali and perhaps less reliability.

I'll try to get some pics up tommorow. I did manage to get some shots (finally :p ) of the 240 though. now, that's not running!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
correct, the radaitor is aftermarket. it's a C&R aluminum radiator. you can get half size apps. usually it gives more header clearance compared to the full size radiators. i just took that model, b/c i found a cheaper used one. :)

lol, yeah it's really filthy. what would you suggest cleaning the engine bay with? just a wet rag, and dry? thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts