Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Superbad
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before: ( Day Shots: notice hazy/foggy headlights and sidemarker )

After: ( Day Shots: FK Angel Eyes, Black Background LED Fender Marker)

Before ( Night Shots: Foggy/Hazy OEM Headlight + H7 PIAA Xtreme White Plus 4000k Halogen low beam bulb )

After ( Night Shots: FK Angel Eye Projectors )

And the HID's ( Night Shots: McCulloch H7 5300k HID Conversion Kit )

Current Mods:

35% Madico Onyx Tint
K&N Air Filter
S2000 Antenna
Euroswitch
Bosch Icon Aerowipers

Props to Rus (Troopster) for the LED Sidemarkers/Euroswitch and Corradostage5 for the McCulloch HID Kit .....GREAT GUYS ..Fast Shipment and Excellent Service.

sorry if the pictures came out not soo clear..my nikon coolpix wasnt soo cool the day of the shoot...newayz i installed everything myself with the help of the SEARCH FUNCTION in this wonderful website :thumbup: ..as well as some trial and error w/ the wiring..but i think the install went okay.....all opinions welcome....what do you guys think?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Once you got HIDs you never go back. Looks grrrrrrrrrrrreat.

·
Superbad
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks GREAT!! You should go black on black;)
i was thinking about goin with 17'' OEM Madras or 17" Audi 5 spoke Sports with some Bilstein HD Shocks and H&R OE Springs..but i got some maintenance things i gotta take care off before i complete that setup...ha i dont wanna be all SHOW and NO GO... plus i still need to save up..(college student) ..this website is all about the "You gotta PAY to PLAY" sorta thing haha :poke:

where did you get the FK's no one sells them in PNW...
i got mine through a vendor in GERMANY..it ended up coming to 318.99$ shipped (full insured by FedEx International Priority). ordered it on may 29th, paypal cleared june 1st...order shipped out the 4th..n i received it on the 6th. ..it felt like they shot it out of a canon from germany ..came real quick.

BTW THANKS to everyone for all the compliments! :)

·
Superbad
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i know this question mite get asked again ..here's what i did to wire up my HALO's

The obligatory notice of irresponsibility: These instructions are for reference only, and are intended for education purposes only. The author isn’t responsible for any damage, or injury you may experience should you fail at at the task. Please be smarter than a dusted skull.

So Let's Begin....

You have to tap your Corner lights for some power. I suggest using DPassat's writeup for Adding City Lights to Parking Lights.

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163183

assuming you did that ..here's what you gotta do next...

1 - Wire connecting the positive lead of the parking light. (black and grey to another wire that will connect to the halo's.
2 - One end of the wire goes into the city/parking light hole in the harness and the other end of the wire goes to the big CONNECTION #3.
3 - Big connection of the positive lead from the parking light, the other end of the wire from the wiring harness, and the 2 Positive connections in the halo's.
4 - Black on Black wire is the GROUND Wire. initially setup, the Halo's have 2 sets of black and red wires. you have to separate them both and connect black to black (ground to ground) and red to red (positive to positive).

Basically CONNECTION # 3 in the picture above connects the power from the positive lead of the parking lights and the positive lead of the halo's. thats what powers up the halo's. and the city/parking light wire connected to the harness will allow you to turn on your parking lights and the halo's together. assuming you get a EUROSWITCH, you can turn on the parking lights and the halo, w/o turning the headlights on. but if u dont, then when u turn ur headlights on the parking lights and the halo will both go on.

the picture above shows the connection from the spliced parking light

1 - wire connecting the positive lead of the bulb, black/grey wire to the main connection as shown in CONNECTION # 3
2 - dont touch that wire
3 - its the ground ..dont touch it either

here's a picture i used to locate which hole in the harness is the one designated for the City/Parking Light. others mite want to use the Fog light hole..so when u pull the little detent on ur switch the halos turn on.. i wanted mine to come on w/ my parking lights so i wired mine this way.

here's another Picture that shows how the wiring should look

1 - Halo Ground (black wire connected to black wire)
2 - wire connecting to the headlight harness and to the MAIN CONNECTION
3 - wire connecting your parking light to the halo's positive lead
4 - BIG CONNECTION (halo wires red+red, connected to wires 2 and 3)

so the big CONNECTION should consist of 4 wires all connected into one. i taped and sealed all the ends, as well as i cut a small X like slit on the rubber caps so i can snake the wires through, while keeping the housing sealed. I also used some black plastic wire concealers to add some extra protection to the wires. i know i used electrical tape, but i just opted for another layer of defense against the elements. i then seal the ends w/ electrical tape to make sure nothing gets in it. lastly i reconnected the battery and tested everything. since i have a euroswitch. the 1st Turn ...turns on my PARKING LIGHTS and the HALO's. the 2nd Turn turns on All lights ( Parking Lights / Halo's / HID Low Beams ). i saved the little fog light detents ..if i decide to wire up some fog lights or try to mess w/ that rear fog light mod in the future.

Here's what it looks when i was done...

hope this helps.. if anyone has any questions..feel free to ask or pm me i'll be glad to help. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Love the angel eyes :thumbup:
Can't wait when the will come up with full circle for B5.5.

·
Superbad
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for all the compliments! much appreciated..

for all the guys that wanna know where i got the lights.

www.be-styled.com

ask for Steffen Becker .. the prices are pretty much the cheapest i've found anywhere for FK

for the B5 - 249.99 + 69.99 international Priority shipping
for the B5.5 - 259.99 + 69.99 international Priority shipping

like i said before ..shipping went fast (from GERMANY to New Jersey), and i was in direct contact w/ the merchant at all times, so no shady business. hope that helps. if anyone has any questions just lemme know.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts