Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a DWT...Driving While Tired...cop told me it can be worse than DWI and it in this case it was...

I got up to open my parents store on Saturday morning at 5am after only 3 hours of sleep, worked till 11 and took an hour nap...got up and went to a family event that went on all day and didn't get home till 10 pm, got dressed and went to a party with my friend...

at 3am we decided to leave (i drank less than 4 shots of vodka on an empty stomach from 10:30-12...threw it up...then drank sprite and ate food) and i had to drop some kid that was with us off at this house...over an hour out of my way...bastard threw up in the car twice!! :mad: ...drop his ass off and at 4:30am start to head home...

5:30am my head is bobbin up and down, but i'm still wide awake and i know i'll be home by 5:45...

5:40am = :sleep: and BOOM!!!!

The road curved to the left and i kept going straight...went up the curb and in between the pillars and ramp that hold the overpass up...slammed into an I-beam that holds the bridge up and rolled back down onto the highway...TOTALLED after only 14 months...

everyone was always telling me that the way i drive would get me into an accident, instead, it was the way i WASN'T driving that did it...
:mad: :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad:

i walked away with just a bump on my head and my friend that was sleeping in the passenger just bumped his knee...the cop said he wouldn't give me any tickets and wrote it up as just an accident, it was my own fault and my own lesson learned, i never plan on driving past 3am again, i'd rather sleep in the car...

Seat Belts save lives...

·
Banned
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A-Tiller-the hun said:
that sucks man...

4 shots of vodka...? they didn't even give you a BAC test...?

Hmmmm... :???:
i was more than sober after 4 shots, i have a huge tolerance, but because i was driving, i stopped at that...

EDIT: and they were mixed with coke...i was no where near drunk and less than buzzed

·
Banned
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea, the airbags didnt deploy...my cousin tell me that its because the bumper wasn't impacted, just eh hood and the headlights...as soon as my dad saw it, he said we should sue vw for the airbags not deploying

·
Banned
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
today is the 6-month anniv. of losing a friend of ours in car crash....this has got be an omen for me...i must change my ways....

no, i can't make it to the gtg, but if there's anyone lookin to buy parts, i'll do my best to make it up there if i still have the car and can rip the part out in time...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.