GTi 1.8Turbo said:
I'm going to install the toys tomorrow morning :lol:

Very nice selection there

-Bi-Xenons
-NB Sunglass holder
-RCA cables for navi/video input
-W8 sunroof controller
-MFD Navi Unit
-Indash CD changer to be placed in the center console?
-Sharon antenna and navi wires

IM guessing thats all it, right?

Enjoy tomorrow's install, and congrats

Steve

#10 ·
Scuba2001 said:
GTi 1.8Turbo said:
I'm going to install the toys tomorrow morning :lol:

Very nice selection there

-Bi-Xenons
-NB Sunglass holder
-RCA cables for navi/video input
-W8 sunroof controller
-MFD Navi Unit
-Indash CD changer to be placed in the center console?
-Sharon antenna and navi wires

IM guessing thats all it, right?

Enjoy tomorrow's install, and congrats

Steve
Almost, the RCA are for Audio input (not Video)... For XM radio for example... The wire behind the NB sunglass holder is the GPS antenna... I'm not going to use the VW GPS antenna because i don't want to remove alot of trim pieces for one scrow... :crazy:

#12 ·
Looks like a nice expensive floor show you got going there GTi. Now I know I'm going to sound green when I ask this... but what is the deal with the NB sunglass holder? I mean why is it just about half the people have these things listed in their mods? I must admit I've never really seen one, except for this picture, but I've never seen one in a car. Could someone explain the need for one of these, it just holds sunglasses doesn't it? Does it do it in some cool way?

#14 ·
SeattleReign said:
Looks like a nice expensive floor show you got going there GTi. Now I know I'm going to sound green when I ask this... but what is the deal with the NB sunglass holder? I mean why is it just about half the people have these things listed in their mods? I must admit I've never really seen one, except for this picture, but I've never seen one in a car. Could someone explain the need for one of these, it just holds sunglasses doesn't it? Does it do it in some cool way?
I have a grab handle and it looks stupid for me... Why the driver need one of these?? So, the NB sunglass is just perfect...

Also, the NB give you the OEM look... The NB is nicely padded inside to prevent any scraches to your lens... Here is a picture from my GTi...

#16 ·
Excellent! Now I have seen what these things do and where they go. Thanks for the pics on that sunglass holder GTi. Now I can see the reason they are popular. I think I may have to pick up one of my own now. I'm guessing that they come in different colors? Where is the best and cheapest place to buy these things?

#17 ·
SeattleReign said:
Excellent! Now I have seen what these things do and where they go. Thanks for the pics on that sunglass holder GTi. Now I can see the reason they are popular. I think I may have to pick up one of my own now. I'm guessing that they come in different colors? Where is the best and cheapest place to buy these things?
I'm sure you will love it... :thumbup:

I think the cheapest place to get them from http://www.vwparts.com/ ... Search for 3B0857465BY20 if you have gray interior or 3B0857465B3PT if you have Beige interior... You can try http://www.parts4vws.com...

One note... The sunglass holder for the Passat/NewBeetle is larger than the Golf/Jetta holder... Make sure you get the large one... Don't ask me why!

#18 ·
GTi 1.8Turbo said:
JokerUNM said:
Is that an indash cd player? Where are you going to put it?
Here:
Gosh, your doing one of my dream mods dude.

I wish you I could put the cd changer in the area your planning, but I have a B5.(Old style armrest) Unless the stuff stuff underneath the cubby cover is not very important, maybe I can pull the dremel out and get some more depth. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.