Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 years and 9 mos and 50K of wonderful B5.5 ownership, I am finally bucking up and getting an H&R OE Sport/Bilstein set up on Friday. I cannot wait!!!

It has taken be forever to make the call, and now cannot wait. My only other "major" mod has been a GIAC chip about 14 months ago.

The mechanic who is installing the suspension called me today with the simple message..."I got a care package for you today." He obviously knows the deal.

Look forward to joining the ranks of the "chipped AND dipped."

:D :D :D

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. As I understand it, this is slightly more aggressive than a 1BE setup, though I have never driven/ridden on that suspension.

I've got some before shots already, and will be snapping away tomorrow.

Spring time will bring 17" wheels to complete the look! It's like xmas in August!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Install was flawless and I clocked 600 miles on the new setup this weekend. An absolute pleasure and loving the new ride. Drop is subtle. Stays flat on turns and I don't have to slow up on exit ramps. It takes a lot more to get my stock Conti's to chirp.

Too bad I have to work for a living....otherwise I would be driving all the live long day.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
StattlichPassat said:
How much of a drop did you get? Is the ride harsh or still pretty close to the comfort of the factory setup? Post some photos and fill us in! :D
Advertised drop is .75" F and .75" R on a 1.8T. I think I am pretty close to that. Most would only notice the lowering when viewed next to a factory Passat. On a V6, it is supposed to be 1.4" F and 1.1" R.

The ride is not harsh, though it took a bit of getting used to over the ever present highway contruction in SW Ohio. It is definitely stiffer than the factory setup, but certainly not uncomfortable. I am guessing it is close to an A4 w/sport package. Personally, I wouldn't go lower or stiffer in the midwest.

I'll get some pics up shortly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.