Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very disapointing.

Kerry is not much of a better option then Bush. they are different sides fo the same coin IMO.

He's even MORE of a Washington-guy, and he comes from the same rich background as the Shrub. His voting record is nothing short of pathetic. He's also deeply indebted to the lobbyests that he says he wants to kick out of the Oval Office. He's been backed by the big telecom lobbys for decades.

I hit the polls last night and was disapointed to see that Edwards didn't even bother to get on the VT ballot. It was almost enough to make me cast an protest-vote for Dean instead... but I wound up writing in Edwards. Lot of good it did. Apparently he's pulling out of the race today and isn't even expected to run for the Senate again. Courtrooms pay better.

This is shaping up to be a very disapointing November. :cry: I'm not sure I can vote for Kerry. And I certainly won't vote for Bush.

The two party system bites. :mad:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Edwards not expected to run for Senate again? Hmmm. that's interesting...that might be clue that he's leaning towards joining Kerry....or not. .. :)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
it seems more obvious to me than ever before - this is the biggest example of 'vote AGAINST' than I've ever seen before.

everyone I know isn't voting FOR anyone; they're all voting bush OUT of office.

like I said, never before have I seen people so adamant about getting someone OUT of office. not even clinton or nixon - I've just never seen people mobilize as much to get someone out of office - even if the only other choice is a 'lurch' like opponent ;)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
IQ(kerry) > IQ(bush)
religion(kerry) < religion(bush)
clue(kerry) > clue(bush)
obnoxiousness(kerry) < obnoxiousness(bush)

well, at a level, it boils down to that, really...

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Yeah I heard today he only took one of the 10 primaries giving him only two total so far. Pretty sad.

Yeah Voting these days seems to always be about picking the weakest poison. Very very sad. Too bad some one who isn't rich can't run.

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
I think it's fun how the Sean Hannitys of the world keep saying how rich Kerry is while forgetting to mention Bush's daddy and grand daddy.

Hello?

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
linux-works said:
IQ(kerry) > IQ(bush)
clue(kerry) > clue(bush)

Troll

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Urlik said:
linux-works said:
IQ(kerry) > IQ(bush)
clue(kerry) > clue(bush)

Troll
"hitler"

thread over. I win. y'all can go home now.

;)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Urlik said:
Yup...it's over. The "censorship of the left" has spoken. Nothing to see here now folks. Move along. :D
if you're referring to me, I was being facetious.

guess it wasn't obvious. too bad.

[soup nazi]
no soup for you! next!!
[/soup nazi]

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
at the risk of going back on topic, let's open this up a bit.

Bush/Cheney vs Kerry/????

or maybe Bush won't go with Cheney? :eek:h:

I personally think that a Kerry/Edwards ticket could give the Democrats a decent chance at a 16 year run. :crazy: :suspicio: :evil: :evil:

and don't forget, when it gets ugly, use those emoticons! :wink: :thumbup: :lol:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm hopeful for Edwards as the VP... it will make me feel better about the inevitable vote for Kerry. :suspicio:

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Urlik said:
I think most people could care less who the VP on the ticket is.
maybe so, but a Kerry/Edwards ticket moves you around the track a bit differently than say, Kerry/Leiberman or Kerry/Gepthardt ticket, don't you think? Minute Maid or Geritol, you gots to pick your sponsors next you know! :p :wink: :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts