Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone. I'm new to VW's but have been making performance to other cars in the past. If anyone needs to know about Camaro's I've been working on them for around 10 years. The VW Passat is like a foreign animal to me though and I've got a question about the clutch and flywheel.

I've got a 99 Passat 1.8t and I recently ordered a Fidanza Flywheel and Spec Stage 1 clutch. Neither the flywheel or the clutch are sprung. I've spoken with Spec and verified the part numbers. They tell me that this setup will work and that there are simply no springs. We've checked the part numbers for both parts and Spec tells me that they will work, WITHOUT springs.

Is this correct?

I would like to verify this before I drive 50 miles one way to drop off these parts with my mechanic.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

·
Registered
37 Posts
It will work just fine.

I have a Fidanza Flywheel with a stock clutch, which has no springs. There is additional vibration at lower RPMs, but it is really not very noticable.

-percious

·
Registered
503 Posts
The springs are there to add a smoother transition when drive is taken up, you will probally have a tighter biting point with this clutch, but much less prone to slippage on fast getaways. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts