Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share some news coming from my hometown Hong Kong - a Guiness-breaking Ferrari Orgy.

Total of 125 Ferraris participated in this charity parade on Sunday (29FEB2004), breaking a new Guinness World Record. Other motorsports related Guinness records Hong Kong include the largest Rolls Royce fleet in the world, held by the Peninsula Hotel Group in Hong Kong.

2 out of 9 Enzos in Hong Kong participated, while there are a total of 349 Enzos in the worldonly. And also bear in mind Enzos are not qualified to obtain licenses in Hong Kong as they are left-hand drive vehicles - they can only be taken on roads with a "dealer plate".

Relating news articles:
http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/latest/story/0,4390,237692,00.html?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I remember seeing all those Roll's parked out front of the Peninsula. Of course, I was staying several blocks away....

Where can you drive these? HK is not the greatest place for "spirited driving", as I recall.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HK is a place for spirited driving but different from its definition in US. "Spirited definition" in US is often regarded as your quarter-mile speed or dareness of speeds on highways, while it's about your dareness of ripping narrow roads and tight corners in hilly roads due to the city's geographical factor.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
That's one place to lose your Ferrari in a parking lot!

I remember seeing so many beautiful cars (Rolls, Bentleys, Ferraris, Lambos, and Porsches) last time I was in Hong Kong, especially at the Pen. I'd be afraid to drive these cars there with the awful traffic and crowded and tight streets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
aowhaus
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing