Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I think this is a great deal, so I wanted to run it by you.

My boss is selling his wife's car. Its a MB C230 1998 . Silver with Grey leather interior. 67K miles. This thing is mint. It has all the options, Auto, Power seats , windows, locks (keyless), moonroof, cd changer, alloy wheels. The car has new tires, Dunlop SP60A2 . Car has been maintained by MB dealership. All records are there. There is probably few thousand dollars in just maintance receipts. The car has been driven by his wife, non smoker, never beat on it. Now their baby is too big, so they have to get an SUV for her. The car is in MA, but if you are really interested I will check with him if he wants to take a drive to meat you.

Here is what it looks like: http://www.advantageautohawaii.com/picsofcars/pages/99C230komp smoke.htm

$15,500 or BO

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
MaxxB5.5 said:
Now their baby is too big, so they have to get an SUV for her.
That is a big baby, doesn't fit in MB? :crazy: My parents had a '67 Beetle when I was born and years after...
Oh well, good luck with the sale.

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
waGner said:
MaxxB5.5 said:
That is a big baby, doesn't fit in MB? :crazy: My parents had a '67 Beetle when I was born and years after...
Hey, don't knock them too hard, a C230 is a cramped-ass car.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sharky said:
waGner said:
MaxxB5.5 said:
Hey, don't knock them too hard, a C230 is a cramped-ass car.
Bottom line, do you guys think its a good deal for someone looking for this type of a car.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
That gonna be hard to sell. We were trying to sell our imaculat 1999 c230 kompressor with 19k miles (now thats low miles for a 5 year old car) for 17,500. Blue book on it was 24.5k! Thats 7000 below blue book. We had it up on autotrader for 1 year and we only got 1 (one) phone call for interest. We went back to the MB dealer we got it from and thoese fckers only wanted to give us 13k as a trade in. We then went to an Audi dealer and traded it in for an 04 A4 1.8t. They gave us 15k for it.

My point, no one wants to buy friggen W202 C230 kompressor. :crazy:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
well lets see, it has 148hp, its small, and the "luxury" features it has were available on a Toyota Camry

The Camry is bigger, comes with "all" the options, Auto, Power seats , windows, locks (keyless), moonroof, cd changer, alloy wheels, has a blue book of $5,000 less, and has a smooth 200hp V6, -vs- a raspy I4

And the Camry only weighs 2 lbs more.

Not trying to be an ass. Just trying to point out that the C230 of that year was a pretty crappy value. It was more for people who wanted to be driving a car with a 3 pointed star, but couldn't afford a real one.

now if that was a 98' C43 AMG with 302hp 302 lb/tq, that would be fun.

98' C230 = :thumbdow:

-Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts