Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, these kits are from TM Tuning. It's a pretty bad ass filter. They don't have one made specifically for a 30V V6 but I called them today to ask if their universal would fit. A cool thing about this filter is it has a 4.5 foot long tube that makes it a Cold Air Intake, but u can remove that tube to use it incase ur goin through deeper water. He is going to call me back tomorrow. I also asked if they would be interested in a group buy for us. He said yes but had to discuss it. I just found another web site that did a group buy on this same filter for an MK3 2.0 and Vr6 Golf/jetta. The original price on that specific one is 249$ + Shipping, and they got a group buy for 180$ w/ free shipping. The universal kit im interested in is 189$ usually, so i wonder what we could get it down to. If ur interested post here. I know that group buy had to have at least 20 people. Here is a link to the product which has a video and everything u can download. Its very unique but i think it's a good product.

http://www.tmtuning.com/rsd/rsd_105_111.html

Im also gonna ask about the 1.8T kit for all u non V6'ers out there.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmmm, interesting. hopefully since it's a universal kit we wont' have that problem. and so far, until i read taht thread i have only heard good things, something definently to think about.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, i talked to the guy a little bit today and he said that they are in the process of developing a kit specificly for the 30Valve V6. the only hold up is making an adapter for our mass airflow sensor. But he said that they should be done w/ soon. Then, he said, they will talk about a group buy.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shadybaby said:
I wouldn't buy anything from them..... Look at the post about them.
yea i know. IM gonna try to see if they won't give me almost a demo for the new passat model for like dirt cheap and test it out. If they do that then i might try and work something out. I'll post again when i figure all this out and see if anyone is interested at all. if not then oh well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.