Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Guys, I'm totally in lust with these seats:

But short of finding a totaled out R32, or ordering them from the dealer ($2000 yeah right) koenig has the EXACT style for much cheaper.

i think they run about $600 for the seat in cloth, another $200 for HEAT and another $200 for the leather option.

This is STILL under dealer price, but still damn expensive.

Anyone else interested in one, or two of these SEXY seats?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Wapptor said:
will they fit directly into a Passat?
The R32 seat vs the konig seat are differnt. Similar design, but missing one key component.

The R32 seats have a side impact Air Bag intergrated in the side bolsters.

The Konig does not have air bags.

The Konig seats will fit, because you would have to buy seat brakets made for Passats.

If the R32s fit, let me know... because I will switch over my MK4 euro recaroes to the Passat and I can get some new seats for the MK4. ;)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
They are 2k/seat from vw? Damn thats a lot of loot for one seat.
Are they made by Recaro like the new 20th ed gti's?

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
I am interested, but there is a place in the USA that does custom/refabricated Recaros (S4 and RS4 replicas) that will bolt straight in. I think it was like $1500 for the pair. These have airbags.

Wish I can find the link.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not completely ready to commit to a GB yet anyway,
My GOAL is to drum up enough interest these next few weeks/months whatever that will get us a decent discount on a high dollar item.

Octick, dude, don't bust your own ass over the link, when you find it, you find it. It would be helpful to post it when you DO find it.

As a side note (I'd rather have heat than airbags anyway)

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JROO-VW said:
airbag and the rest of the gizmos that come on GLX seats would be the only way that I would go in for the GB...
Oh man, heat, all power, & airbag all wrapped in a racing seat?

My estimate: One Biiiiiiilion dollars! :wink: :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Zev at Avalon motorsports ... seems to have the RS4 look alikes but currently he's got them for the S4. Emailed him with a request on pricing for a Passat.

stayed tuned Bat fans...

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Umm, I've always liked the R32 seats, and they look soo comfy. Being able to swap a seat out for a race day event, if possible, would be great. I would have to get leather though. No heat as my car isnt wired for heated seats :-(

Keep us posted, and if we get a deffinet price, let us know ASAP.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Julian, I'll check it out, I havn't seen the new EC yet.

Oh, as a side note, I sat in a leather equiped R32 yesterday, and wasn't overly impressed. :sad:

I'm going to keep looking for alternitives!

-s

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
JROO-VW said:
Zev at Avalon motorsports ... seems to have the RS4 look alikes but currently he's got them for the S4. Emailed him with a request on pricing for a Passat.

Zev doubted they would fit in our Passats... and would cost atleast $2k a seat... um :crazy:
Didn't someone do a S4 seat swap with his B5 variant? I even met the guy ... WunderWagen maybe?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts