Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see who would be interested in a Pure MS Strut Tower bar.

PURE Motorsport Stress Bar

Upper stressbars are essential for reducing chassis flex and upper strut tower fatigue. While the B5 chassis does have a dual firewall design, further strengthening can be achieved with the addition of our stress bar. The upper stress bar will improve chassis rigidity and make for a more crisp steering response.

Made from 6061-T6 Aircraft aluminum

Uses factory endlink brackets

Powdercoated black for long lasting protection

No drilling required. Simple bolt on.

Whats nice about these bars in comparison to the modified A6 strut tower bar is that everything is already customized to bolt straight in. No cutting needed. Also, the cross beam is made of stiffer higher quality aluminum thereby increasing stiffness. Finally, the bars are powdercoated which therefore saves you time and effort in having to do it yourself. These bars will also fit on both B5 and B5.5s with the back firewall cover (every other strut tower bar requires removal of the back cover) and they will not present any problems with the bar rubbing against the master brake cylinder and also do not need to be removed in order to change the battery.

The A6 bar currently costs around $100 shipped from drewparts with our discount included. Then you factor in the cost of paint and the amount of time you need to customize it with. . . In my situation, I don't even have the tools needed to cut and drill aluminum. Plus I'd rather have a stiffer strut tower bar.

The PureMS bars retail at $139. Lets see what kind of pricing Mike will offer us if we have a decent show of interest.

Dave

UPDATE: 6/30/04

PureMS is on Vacation until 7/6/04
at which time we will hear pricing / requirements for the group buy. However, [email protected] has expressed interest in providing a GB for us.

So far we have in/interested: 7/1/04

1. crew217
2. julianfang
3. scuba2001
4. slimebucket
5. nuisance
6. mackman
7. stranded in Daytona
8. angelob5.5
9. the_house
10. slamminB5
11. chrisdude
12. disVWkat
13. dlong
14. quality_sound
15. renato
16. tomo366
17. aoei74
18. needforspd
19. bigswirv
20. gezuvor
21. vteccured
22. don_rapheal
23. the_house
24. fastpassat
25. w8_pimp
26. nananana4k
27. marf34

<sigh> July 6th seems so far away . . . . . . . . . </sigh>

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Can it fit into 2003 passat W8?

Black_W8 said:
Can it fit into b5.5 W8 :???:
I'd bet $5 that it does. They never changed the chassis for the W8 . . . only thing that's different are the front steering knuckles to accomodate for the larger brakes / calipers and of course the engine. Perhaps you should take a picture and compare it to their install PDF pics.

http://www.purems.com/products/StrutBar.pdf

Dave

·
Registered
718 Posts
Damn, count me in! I've been looking for a bar that didn't require cutting or drilling into the shock towers to mount it. And the fact that you can still put the factory plastic cover over it for stealth purposes rocks!

·
Registered
345 Posts
If this will fit the W8, I'm interested...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.