Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys. Ive been on the forums for a while and have been very interested in getting a carbon fiber hood for my car, as many of you do also. It seems hard to get a reliable source to make a quality hood in a timely manner. I have talked to the owner of Emotion Garage in Milpitas, California. I have that have been making quality hoods for mkiv golfs and jettas and found them to be really reliable. The quality of these hoods is remarkable.

I have spent a good time trying to coordinate with them to come out with a quality b5 hood. It will be a 1-piece fiberglass skeleton with rolled corners. These hoods will be made from a direct OEM mold and will even have predrilled holes for the stock under hood carpet.

Here is a link to their mkiv hoods for further reference. http://www.emotiongarage.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EG&Product_Code=BKCBHGOLF4&Category_Code=egsolid

As of now this will be a feeler to see what kind of interest I may stir up. So here are the details of how this will work if it goes through.

Price: $350 + shipping (approx. 100)
Time: first batch will need to be prepaid and will take 2 month from there to get the hood made and test fitted. After the mold is made the next shippments will be made faster. Making the mold is one of the most timely processes. After that it should be all good.

You may ask if I have seen the hoods and I sure have. They are very good quality and made very well. The fitment is great also. I have many friends with golfs and Jettas that have this hood and they absoluetly love it.

Any questions please email me at [email protected]

-Alfred

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm up for it too! How many people you have to get in order for them to produce the hood?!? And also, is that price with a discount for a group, or is it the estimated price of what it would actually cost?!?!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Any chance of them making a Boser??? I'm tired of waiting for the other GB for a hood. Plus, these hood look nicer!!! If you look on the VWVortex, MSD did a GB for the golfs. On page 12 they have a picture of the underside of the hood. The framing is only around the outside. :shock: I don't know what the B5 hoods will look like but don't you think that's bad. Over time won't it sag or droop????

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont want to interfere with shmoove gb or any others....i jsut know people have been waiting for a long time and all the manufactures are just taking way too long...

i dunno this idea was just thrown around when i was at my shop...and it will only take 10 people to get this going and about a 2 month period to be made...i have done a lot of business with him so it should go as planned..all i need is 10 buyers and then we can get the hood going...

the first groupbuy just covers materials and making the mold....so it will be around 350 for the hood and depending where you are...100 for shipping...

alfred

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
B51.8TJUNKIE said:
Any chance of them making a Boser??? I'm tired of waiting for the other GB for a hood. Plus, these hood look nicer!!! If you look on the VWVortex, MSD did a GB for the golfs. On page 12 they have a picture of the underside of the hood. The framing is only around the outside. :shock: I don't know what the B5 hoods will look like but don't you think that's bad. Over time won't it sag or droop????
as somebody stated in my boeser thread, the carbon fiber is plenty strong enough to resist any sagging. My Fiber Images CF hood looks pretty much like MSD's underside. no problems.

doesn't matter to me whether or not you go with this hood or with the msd hoods. you haven't commited any money so it doesn't really matter. the lag is pretty annoying so maybe another outfit can produce it faster. but as stated, it'll still be a 2month wait nevertheless.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
as i said before...if i get a commitment of 10 people for a single type of hood i will make get it done right away...but it has to be for a single stype of hood. once money and conformation for one hood..it will be made right away. this is a very reliable company and i can put my name on them if that means anything to you.

alfred

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Tempting ... I'm in SJ, so they can use my car for a test if they want (any extra discounts :) ) I'm always tempted by this but I can never convince myself that is looks good driving around with a black hood on a red car :???:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
achow
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing