Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
It doesn't, I just had one installed and love it. It's a potetial problem more on the Tip cars...I had my shop follow the Snub Install instructions on the APR site. (why APR ask's $50 for theirs is a mystery to me..the Autotech one is sweet!)

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I TOO HAVE THE SNUB MOUNT INSTALLED
BUT UNLIKE SUM

IM A DIE HARD PERFORMACE GUY

I TAKE THE GOOD PERFORMACE WITH THE BARELY NOTICABLE SIDE EFFECTS

I LOVE MY POLY SNUB AND WOULDNT CHANGE IT TO OEM FOR NOTHING

FUNNY STORY AFTER THE SNUB INSTALL
MY GIRL CAN NOW TELL RIGHT AWAY WHEN IM REVING THE ENGINE HARD AND QUICKLY YELLS OUT,
WHY ARE U RACING
BUT ITS LIKE MUSIC TO MY EARS

ITS FAR FROM TEETH RATTLING
AND MY DASH IS REALLY MESSED UP REALLY
BAD MISSING SCREWS
BASICALLY HANGIN AND NOTHING VIBRATES OR RATTLES
I HEAR MORE NOISE FROM MY OEM SHOCKS THAN THE SNUB MOUNT

THE MOST NOTICABLE DIFFERENCE IS WHEN I REV HARD SEEMS THE ENGINE IS
LIKE A TIGHT MUSSCLE FIRM AND LESS MOVMENT FROM THE ENGINE BLOCK

THE BEST EXAMPLE I CAN THINK OF IS A GYROSCOPE :

THINK OF A GYROSCOPE SPINNING AND
BECAUSE OF THE CENTRIFICAL SPIN
THE GYRO SCOPE SEEMS TO WANNA STAY IN A CERTAIN POSSITION
(IF UR ON STOCK SNUB MOUNT UR NOT GONNA BE ABLE TO MAN HANDLE THE GYROSCOPE TOO MUCH CAUSE UR NOT THAT STRONG UR A STOCK SNUB MOUNT REMBER )

NOW THINK OF THE POLLY SNUBB MOUNT AS HEEMAN THE MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE HOLDING THE SPINNING GYRO SCOPE
AND UR JUS MOVING IT AGANINST ITS WILL
BUT MORE RANGE OF MOTION
THE GYROSCOPE WILL FIGHT THE MOVEMENTS BUT UR STRONGER
:roll:

OK I HOPE THAT HELPED :shock: :lol:

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,264 Posts
I didn't see a RH mount listed for the Passat.

Plus, that's a very high durometer rubber, I think it might be in the polyurethane range. Would have to have a good report from an actual person before I'd plunk down money for these. I like to feel the engine, too, but it's not a race car...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Thats what I posted in his original (mistake) thread in the Classisfieds. The Snub is great (love mine!) but a Poly L/H may be too much for 99% of drivers. Not read a review so can't say for sure....but I think using the OEM V6 ones is a better option.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I need a snub mount too. Not too much for me :) But, at $19.99 at this page
http://www.autotech.com/engmnt.htm
for part 10.199.001, what kind of deal exactly are we looking for? $14.99 w/ free shipping?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Rusty said:
I didn't see a RH mount listed for the Passat.

Plus, that's a very high durometer rubber, I think it might be in the polyurethane range. Would have to have a good report from an actual person before I'd plunk down money for these. I like to feel the engine, too, but it's not a race car...
The reason there is no left and right ones is that they are exactly the same. I installed v6 mounts a month ago and they list two seperate part numbers but they are actually the same part.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MasTRE said:
I need a snub mount too. Not too much for me :) But, at $19.99 at this page
http://www.autotech.com/engmnt.htm
for part 10.199.001, what kind of deal exactly are we looking for? $14.99 w/ free shipping?
Well im looking to get the rear ones wich are like 99. each
but the more heads we have the greater chance we have for a deal

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Quite possibly interested here, too. I'll have to look at the L/R being the same before I order...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.