1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Transmission Drain Plug Socket ST-0229
Special Tamperproof Drain Plug Socket.
Triple Square ( 12 Point - XZN )
For Porsche Boxster and Audi A4 - A6 and Passat.
Strong One-Piece design.

I have been in touch with these guys and they will sell this tool to us for $30 shipped in the US. It's not a great deal, but it's better than the VAG tool from Zelenda. Post if you are interested. I'm still looking for a better deal.

Carl III

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The VW tool from zelenda.com is $35 plus shipping. This is not a fantastic deal, but it's better than Zelenda. I'm looking into another one that might work and will be a LOT cheaper. Forgive me if I don't respond to this thread for a week or so. I don't know when I will get the other tool in the mail.

I have not yet changed t-fluid, but there are some posts on the site. Look up transmission fluid change on the search.

Thanks for the interest.

Carl III

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The other tool I was looking at was not correct. I may look into drilling a regular triple square. I would guess that they are hardened tools, so it may require a special bit. I'll take some measurements this weekend.

Carl III

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Drilled means that the plug is a tamper-proff design. It is a triple square plug with a round stud in the center so you can't use a regular triple square bit. You need to drill out the center of the bit to fit over the stud. Public bathroom stalls use tamper proof bolts to fasten the stall walls. Usually they are tamper proof hex or torx, but VW is not building toilet stalls..... so they use tamper proof triple square :lol:

Sears doesn't even carry a triple square bit. Off to the auto parts store.

·
Registered
802 Posts
can't we just buy one or two and ship them to each other? how many times do you plan to change your tranny oil? I know mine hasn't been changed since I bought it and I now have 90K

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
FYI - This tool is a *16MM* triple square hex. I bought mine from Zelenda back a year and a half ago, and IMO, is WELL worth the $35 that they charge. I paid $35 shipped, and they are a pretty straight up company to deal with. I was told by SnapOn that this tool costs roughly $150+ from them. Trust me, Ive done the research already, and its not worth trying to save a buck here or there.

Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts