Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feeler:In dash LCD TFT 7" screen w/tv tuner & remote

I don't know how feasable this would be, but would definately like to know if anyone would be interested in something like this and HOW MANY

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This looks very nice, and already a bargain. Maybe we can get it for $175 including shipping for 10+ or $150 incld. s&h for 20+.
These are just ideas so far. Thanks for the interest and info...anyone else want one?...

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
blaupassat said:
This looks very nice, and already a bargain. Maybe we can get it for $175 including shipping for 10+ or $150 incld. s&h for 20+.
These are just ideas so far. Thanks for the interest and info...anyone else want one?...
I'd be down for those prices. Also note that this unit is non-motorized.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, thanks. So, 'this' is the 701L? The 702L is the XGA one?

That's alright that it's not motorized, just the single din spacing was what I was concerned with. Is 'this' partially motorized, then you can pull it the rest of the way out? I guess that would be better because then the swivel option would be available then, right?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
blaupassat said:
Wow, thanks. So, 'this' is the 701L? The 702L is the XGA one?

That's alright that it's not motorized, just the single din spacing was what I was concerned with. Is 'this' partially motorized, then you can pull it the rest of the way out? I guess that would be better because then the swivel option would be available then, right?
Yep, its just a single din spacing and I think it's not motorized at all. You take it out and you put it back in, but the reason I like it more is because you can adjust the monitor to almost any angle.

Also, I've spoken to one seller and am waiting for a reply from the other. This GB will either be hosted with Digital World Wide or Mp3 Player Store. I received the price quote from the Mp3 Player Store and I'm waiting for an asnwer from Digital World Wide.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Has anyone tried this model before??

also, is there only 1 RCA jack ?? (ie. can't connect more than one other media to it?)

·
Registered
240 Posts
i dont know if i would want to go with it is it just some cheapo tft screen or is it a name brand cuz when buying electronics you should buy top of the line. cuz if not then they skip and are garbage

·
Registered
240 Posts
well non motorized, ount me out and to be honest all the installs i saw look like $hit because they have cords running between everything, i need my car to look clean and have everything look stock and not have any random wires running through my car.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
toneloc07 said:
i dont know if i would want to go with it is it just some cheapo tft screen or is it a name brand cuz when buying electronics you should buy top of the line. cuz if not then they skip and are garbage
This isn't true with monitors, maybe with cd players and even dvd players, but most name brands monitors are currently way overpriced, and even lower priced name brand products such as Pyle has made trash from what I hear.

This could be the best bet. Excellent job Phatrabbitzz, I appreciate all your effort-keep it up :thumbup:

And keep us posted with those two sellers with prices.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
toneloc07 said:
well non motorized, ount me out and to be honest all the installs i saw look like $hit because they have cords running between everything, i need my car to look clean and have everything look stock and not have any random wires running through my car.
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Because some of your point of views make you sound like your 10.

Back on topic, I'll update this as soon as the second seller gives me the prices. Meanwhile lets get more people in this GB! :drink:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't know how practical that would be, you might as well just purchase the touch screen. You could also just get a ball mouse w/this screen or even a touch pad like on an old used laptop integrated into the car, there are ways around a touch screen economically.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
21 Replies
8 Participants
PhatRabbitzz
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing