Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JokerPassat said:
I checked with mp3 store today and they said that the unit was only silver. I just want to confirm that the unit is black on the front, has a mounting sleeve, and has the panasonic screen and not any other type. Thanks.
I just got off the phone with Mp3 store, and I spoke with a Wes. He said they have that monitor in black and silver. I even told him "even though on the web-page they are all silver?" he said "yes, but we also it in black." Also he said if were 15 he'll give us a 15% discount, instead of 12%.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JokerPassat said:
Does the unit come with a mounting sleeve or do we need to figure out some way to iso mount it? How do we go about ordering? Also do the 701's have the panasonic screen...? Sorry for all the questions.
The unit comes with exactly what's detailed on their web-page. First we need 10-15 people before we can make any purchase. And all the answers and details about the screen are explained here. (I don't expect you to read the entire thread, just read the posts made by PhatRabbitzz)

But to answer your question:
701L = Panasonic panel with native res of 800xRGBx480
702L = Sharp panel with native res of 480xRGBx234

In otherwords the later model is worse than the original.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Two of my friends also want in. There is a slight issue of gathering up the money (might take a week or two) but more importantly, is there gonna be enough interest to ge this going?

If so, add 2 more to the list.

Oh, and they wanted to get 7" tft with FD-5 tv/dvd player. Is this gonna be a problem?

-alex

·
Registered
152 Posts
Great deal. Does anyone know how if this could be hooked up to work as a Navigation Unit? I'd need some type of GPS equip. Anyone done this before? Thanks.

·
Registered
666 Posts
All I think all you would need is a hard drive, GPS program, and gps reciever/antenna. Of course you'll need a mouse or touchscreen add on.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Alright, will pass along the word.

Let's get this thing going!!!

What distributors are we deciding on mike? And stop making fun of my gas guzzler. You only wish you could handle so much displacement. 8)

-alex

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm interested in buying MP3Playerstore's 10.4" roofmount monitor and a DVD player for my minivan. If they will count these as part of the GB, :thumbup: with a 10% discount then put me in. :b5:

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Adamroo, do you want to be added to the list?

orlangba, I added you to the list, and you've got PM.

AlexDrivesAPassat, We are still deciding between DigitalWW and MP3 Player Store. Mp3 Player Store has a really good price but they don't really know much about their products, and they don't specify on their web-site if their screen uses the Panasonic panel. On the other hand DigitalWW is knowledgeable about their product and specify about the panel and Mike lives close to them. I sent the guy at DigitalWW an e-mail asking if he'll match mp3 player prices. If he does we'll go with him. I'll update when I hear anything new.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hopefully I'll know what's going on soon, just waiting on a reply from Armen about going with DigitalWW. As soon as I know what's going on I promise I'll be letting everyone know about it.

Hey Alex, you do know that by adding this monitor to your car it will decrease your gas mileage by approx. 1.26% per gallon. Just some FYI :p

Adamroo- This unit can be used with a carcomputer for GPS and you can opt for the touchscreen to be added too. If you wish to go with an automotive based navigation this unit will work just fine with the Alpine units or any unit that has an RCA video output for the screen. That's actually my intention for my car. Alpine is probably my best reccomendation for navigation.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts