Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a GB for the new Kenwood DVD reciever; it is real cool and would be a lot of fun to have on those long car rides and road trips. Both have DVD/MP3/CD and a 7" touch screen monitor plus so much more... A bumpin powerhouse of a reciever. If there are enough people interested I can see about getting a discount from someone! I know I want one!

For more info checkout the kenwood website. http://www.kenwoodusa.com/
Lates,
G1s2s3 :wink:

UPDATE: Made some contacts today, hopefully will hear back from them soon, I will keep you updated as the information comes!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will make some calls and post some prices in the next day or so... But if you might be interested please hit me up so I can get a list going... I would be hoping for at least a couple hundred off the suggested list or the merchant's price... Lates,
G1s2s3

UPDATE:
Made some calls and the general consensus is: need to have a number of interested buyers in order for them to quote me a price, they said it was because they couldn't give away their markups without a list semi solid buyers. SO, if you want a price, hit me up so I can start a list and get this GB possibility rolling!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok guys heres the deal,
I talked with the folks over at Crutchfield Audio and they told me that at their already discounted prices they wouldn't be able to give a discount unless we got 25 people together for the GB. IF we did get that many, we could get a 10% discount on their goods... That would come out to about $1350 a piece for the KVT-715DVD... Not the greatest deal, but ok... I will contact some more people and see what else I can get... If you are at all interested please drop me a note so I can start a list... Thanks...

·
Registered
897 Posts
if the price got lower i would be interested

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wanted to tell people that I haven't been getting any sort of response from you folks in order to start a list of potential GBers and hopfully getting a good discount from some dealers... If anyone is interested please drop a note so I can at least get a quote on a GB price... Thanks Y'all.
G1s2s3

·
Registered
373 Posts
I would be down too if the price is right.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts

What do yall think of this one? Its the DDX-7015
I am getting it for myself but I can give yall a sweet deal if your interested.
It retails for $1,700. I can do it for $1399 and that includes the Sirius tuner and antenna.
I can also do the KVT-815DVD for $1599 with tuner and antenna.
Let me know.

Brian

·
Registered
897 Posts
dublife said:

What do yall think of this one? Its the DDX-7015
I am getting it for myself but I can give yall a sweet deal if your interested.
It retails for $1,700. I can do it for $1299 and that includes the Sirius tuner and antenna.
I can also do the KVT-815DVD for $1599 with tuner and antenna.
Let me know.

Brian
this is for behind the seat right. or is it some sort of dash kit?

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
No, this is a Double Din unit which mean that it will go in the dash. It takes up the entire space where our stock unit sits plus the pocket below.

·
Registered
897 Posts
that is sweet but does it come with some sort of dash kit ?or can i find a double din kit. i have a single din .so i would want it to look moulded.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I havent put one in my car yet because I dont want to drop the $$$ right now but if there is a decent interest in it, I will put one in and make a "beauty ring" to make it look "moulded". It shouldnt be hard at all, just a sheet of abs plastic and some time. If this goes through, I will make them for whomever wants one(for a small fee of course). If I get get 5 yes', we'll do it!

Brian

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds good, I think I would be down, I havent pursued much the GB prices since there didn't seem to be much interest, but if you can find 4 more interested parties I would down to throw in. Hit me back if you do get 4 more. :)
G1s2s3

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
If any of yall think anyone else is interested, let me know. Ill cut them in on it to.
Im starting a new thread for it and we'll get it going :thumbup:

Brian

1 - 19 of 19 Posts