Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Anthony responded to my email from weeks ago this morning with a further apology and pledge to get my set into production with payment. I have remitted on his invoice and will keep you posted on progress (if there's anything to share) of the next 3-4 weeks of production time.

I have elected to have him send me the initial set without holes drilled for mounting screws so I can locate them optimally on the pedals once they are on my bench. I also added a heel-toe extension to bottom left of accelerator pedal (even though B5.5 relative depth between accelerator and brake is less than ideal—I may experiment with a spacer between pedal cover and accelerator to adjust distance).

Fingers crossed!

:wrench:

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Running list of interesteds

I'm in here too!
Added. Running interesteds list now includes:

1. keithwbloom (5MT + Dead Pedal)
  2. pablitormDub (Tip)
  3. L's4motion (Tip)
  4. Jmacc (5MT + Dead Pedal)
  5. 2k21.8T (5MT + Dead Pedal)
  6. Passhat10000
  7. swcrow (Tip)
  8. E CODE [Vortex] (Tip - 4Mo)
  9. thirtysixspokes [Vortex] (5MT)
  10. carbinevr7 [Vortex] (Tip) ?
  11. Pratt (B6) ?
  12. radhoo (?)
Will PM all interesteds as soon as I have photos of my prototype set to share. I am keeping my new Mojo mats pristine for a hero photo when installed. ;)

Keith

:wrench:

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
On average, it is going to be about $150 for all three (Tips), or all four (5MTs). I think as a component cost, the dead pedals are about $30. I will confirm once I see my own and I have a completed reference to get our group deal based on. :wrench:

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
The first set of pedals are expected to ship on April 2nd. Will post pics as soon as they are in my hands.

Keith

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I think the carpet protector alone is about $60. I will inquire and PM you and or post here. Still awaiting shipping confirmation for first set of pedals.

Keith

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
They didn't ship to me yet, but I did get a production drawing of the clutch and brake pedal designs for approval from the machinist.

Doesn't seem far removed from the drawing I supplied originally, but I suppose it is progress...

:cool:

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Stay tuned...

Almost there!

"ACTIVE" trigger finger getting twitchy... :D

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
They're here:

Installed pics as soon as I can! :wrench:

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Installed (with trim tape until I drill and screw with supplied stainless hardware):

Will set up ACTIVE post for first group after this weekend!

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Production Update 5/22/2012:

Okay, so I yanked my production request from the NC machinist that has been sandbagging me all throughout my prototype development and I found a PA shop interested in doing not just the pedals, but all three of my open development fabrication projects (the custom pedal covers, the hinge brackets, and the Shine Racing rear torsion bar stiffener reproduction). I am hoping I will get an aggressive bid for all three since I am consolidating my production.

Certainly if I get these off my plate and into production, I can return to getting my custom LED tails project hurdles worked out (presently sourcing the correct color DOT red lens with a smooth surface to replace faceted OEM corduroy lens in rounds).

More to post as it becomes available.

Cheers,

Keith

41 - 59 of 59 Posts