Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: Colorado Red Wide-body Passat

I'm pretty much done with the "show" scene and I'm ready to move on. In the past 5 years I've done what I've set out to do, I've won over 50+ trophies and have been featured in few magazines. As much as I hate to sell my baby, she's just not practical anymore. I already purchased a 04 golf for my "daily driving" and the passat is just sitting in garage. Plus my wife wont let me start on my new project (1982 16v rabbit) unitl I get rid of a car.

Here's the run down from my members page....

VEHICLE: 1999 Passat 1.8T Sedan 5spd Manual
OWNER: Jason Livelsberger

ENGINE
APR Stage III, Evolution Motorsports (EVOMS) Front Mount Intercooler, Forge Diverter Valve,
NX Ntercooler Sprayer, K&N Drop-in Filter, TT downpipe, EIP Custom 2.5" Exhaust,
Painted engine and Intake Covers

EXTERIOR
SF Wide body Kit, Boser Hood, custom roof scoop, shaved trunklid,
Hella HID's, FK badgeless Grill, In-pro Clear Corners, Jonboy's Tinted tails,
sharkfin antenna

SUSPENSION
19x9(front) 19x10(rear) iForged Sprint wheels(3-peice), Nitto 555 Xtreme tires 235-35-19(front)
and 265/30-19(rear), FK coilovers, ECS Porsche 13" Big Brakes, Hawk pads, Painted rear Calipers,
Neuspeed 28mm rear Swaybar and Lower Tie Bar

INTERIOR
Katzkin leather interior, Autometer Boost Gauge, Stratmosphere Short Shifter, Euroswitch,
Alipne CDA-9815 CD Player, A/D/S 346is Components, 2 Alpine MRD-M300, 1 MRV-T320 & 1 MRV-T420 Amplifiers,
2 12inch Memphis Subwoofers, Farenheit 7 inch Monitor(front), Eiger Vision 10 inch monitor (trunklid),
Playstation 2.

NOW!!
*As seen in October 2005 issue of Eurotuner
*P&OM Garage online magazine October feature
www.p-omgarage.com/feature_1005_jason.asp

I have a few parts waiting to installed: new 120amp alternator, ECS RS4 stage 2 clutch with lightened steel flywheel, and electric fan(never installed with my intercooler)

Now for the good and the bad
Bad first:
-needs clutch intalledDONE
-needs alternator installed (my 90amp just doesnt cut it, If I dont drive it or start it atleast once a week the optima battery is dead)DONEreplace optima with a die hard and starts up fine. my alternator was fine, my problem was my stereos capacitor draining the life out of my battery...
-needs a new ECU(my original ECU was chipped so many times it was junk by the time I got the stage 3, they used first time but a connection came loose. So I bought a "used" one and after that I have a few problems. 1. At a cold start it idles rough for 15 seconds. 2. And when in 3rd gear or higher, when you try to down shift the car stalls. I'm sure that the used ECU might have had problems before hand because it was fine before the original ECU's connection problem. So all it really needs is a new ECU and have it chipped with stage 3 program
-a few stone chips in the front, the boser extension is crack at 2 places from when I got inspected. The dumb ass slammed the hood too hard.
-there are few spots on the rear arches where the screws holding body kit have sunken in a little(nothing major I'm very anal when it comes to that kind of stuff)
-hates speed bumps!!!!

Good:
-everthing.....just look at it!!!
-the car has 69,000 miles
- I have receipts for everything
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the Price!!! Unforunately I cannot part-out a lot of the stuff so I'd like to sell it as a whole. Converting the car back to stock is now nearly impossible.
As seen in the photos plus all the parts I mentioned $15,000. I know that may seem like a lot but I have more then that invested in just parts alone. So its pretty much your paying for the parts and getting the car FREE!!!
Kelly Blue Book says that the car is worth around $7000-$8000 with it current mileage.

Let me know if anyone interested....tell your friends
Low ballers dont even post, I'm already lowballing myself. But reasonable offers will be considered

Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Jason - You do NOT need an alternator. A battery not holding it's charge has NOTHING to do with the alternator. Your battey needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jason - You do NOT need an alternator. A battery not holding it's charge has NOTHING to do with the alternator. Your battey needs to be replaced.
actually I think its my cap. Ever since I redid my system this has been happening....so then I replaced my stock battery with the optima. Within a few days the optima was dead too. I took it to one of those battery warehouse type places, the guy said I had a slow drain, most likely from this as he poited to my power wire. Then he made a suggestion to put a toggle switch on it:crazy: a toggle switch on 4 gauge wire?!?! righhhhht.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
i know u said u're not interested in parting out, but if there are certain parts that you would consider... please let us know. i'm most interested in the evoms fmic.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry 1.8Tttturbo, the intercooler piping was modified when the stage 3 was installed. I dont know how well the old plactic pipes would hold up to the 22lbs of boost...if they even would fit since we had to with the IC piping.
The only things I would be easiest to part would be the NX Intercooler sprayer and Big brakes.
I also have a Abt grill that I could sell

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Yeah i met you and your car at last year's H2O. Your ride is hott and I hope it sells for that $20K you're asking for. Good luck with that!:thumbup:

and yeah if you do part out some stuff....i'm interested in your Alpine amps!!!:D:D

·
needs more cowbell
5,945 Posts
another bump (not that you need it ;))

this car is phenominal! i too saw it at last year's H20. beautifully executed wide body.

good luck, jason.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
sorry 1.8Tttturbo, the intercooler piping was modified when the stage 3 was installed. I dont know how well the old plactic pipes would hold up to the 22lbs of boost...if they even would fit since we had to with the IC piping.
The only things I would be easiest to part would be the NX Intercooler sprayer and Big brakes.
I also have a Abt grill that I could sell
also interested in the bbk... let me know if youre willing to part that, and how much.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hey Jason, long time no talk

Kind of ironic that this car came up for sale, I was just talking about it with my bud yesterday. How much are you looking for? Around $20,000? Did I read that right? Just curious. Also looking for interior shots...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Sweet car. Hope someone buys it. If you ever decide to do a partial part out or something. I'd be interested in the tinted tails. </vulture>

Seriously though nice car

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I would be interested in a lot of items if there is a part out. I will just have to keep my eyes wide open.

Good luck with the sale. Definitely nice.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Jason, long time no talk

Kind of ironic that this car came up for sale, I was just talking about it with my bud yesterday. How much are you looking for? Around $20,000? Did I read that right? Just curious. Also looking for interior shots...
Hey B5Greg, Yes you read it correctly. I know it may seem like alot but there's alot of money in this car. It's pretty much a starting price, I'm willing to go a little low or if any one has some MKIV parts/wheels(BBS LM's).

I'll post some interior pics tonight. I'll have to see what I have.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hey B5Greg, Yes you read it correctly. I know it may seem like alot but there's alot of money in this car. It's pretty much a starting price, I'm willing to go a little low or if any one has some MKIV parts/wheels(BBS LM's).

I'll post some interior pics tonight. I'll have to see what I have.
I don't think that $20k is too much for the car. I know how much work has gone in that beast. Still wish I bought John's widebody, but maybe I will have a second chance. Where are you located? I have had it in my head that I didn't want a widebody anymore, but maybe with my current project, I can swap some parts. I will take this into consideration. Where are you located Jason? I forgot

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't think that $20k is too much for the car. I know how much work has gone in that beast. Still wish I bought John's widebody, but maybe I will have a second chance. Where are you located? I have had it in my head that I didn't want a widebody anymore, but maybe with my current project, I can swap some parts. I will take this into consideration. Where are you located Jason? I forgot
Abbottstown, PA 17301 located between Gettysburg and York, Pa.
Yeah, John's car was nice..too bad he ended up putting it on ebay.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts