Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ladies and gentlemen, here's the deal.

I have a working VDS-PRO setup here, so I can do low-level coding work on B5 / B5.5 CCMs. Things like "window operation via remote", or (for the B5.5 wagons), "tailgate 'unlocked' with all doors unlocked."
***If you have any other coding changes that you would like done, please feel free to discuss. If it's documented somewhere, then I can do it.***

I'm thinking about getting some things together, so that I can do this on the workbench (instead of only in the car.)

Question to all: If I were to do this, how many people would be game to send me their CCM for this work? I'm thinking something like $30 a CCM (would include return shipping.) I can promise you of your CCM hitting the mail (for return) the day after I receive it.
(for, I hope, obvious reasons, I don't want to invest in the needed bits, unless it'll be worth my while....)

Thanks for reading! :)

·
Moderator/Administrator
26,297 Posts
If you can guarantee it doesn't come back as a paperweight, I'm game for the liftgate mod. I already have the windows and sunroof via remote.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. And, it shouldn't come back as a paperweight - I've done a few rounds of code-tweaking on mine already, and have done tweaks on other cars.
Question: how was your 'windows via remote' mod done? VDS-PRO? Or, with a KVW100? If one of those was used, I might not be able to log in to your CCM (known issue with what the KVW does to the module.)

Also, side note: can you help me out with editing the thread title? Should say "via mail", not "via email"......

·
Moderator/Administrator
26,297 Posts
VDS Pro I believe. Definitely not the KVW100.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VDS Pro I believe. Definitely not the KVW100.
Then I can do it.

Also....
Between here and the Vortex, I have enough responses already to warrant pulling the trigger on building the setup that I'll need. Imma get things ordered this weekend, and let everyone know when I'm up and running.
Please, feel free to continue chiming in if you want to make use of the service!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a bunch of bits arrive today! The only missing piece is a fuse block (because, well, safety.) Should see that Tuesday.
Once that's here, I'll build and test the "coding bench", verify that this will actually work.

Oh, and, I think the price will be going up slightly - because I lack in time to go to the post office (like, ever), I use flat-rate boxes a lot. Cost on those went up. I'm thinking (now) $40 - still reasonable?

·
Registered
15 Posts
need keys for an 07 Passat 2.0t Wolfburg edition reprogrammed. or recognizid by the anti theft mechanism once adain. because they havent worked since we changed a few things in car and need help. do you think you could resolve this issue? my number is (619)847-8239

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.