Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that I've outgrown having a "sports car" exhaust note. Although I love the sound, and have noticable power gains, I'd rather gain the stealthy, wimpy, quiet tone of the V6 back.

However, I DO love the look of my remus tips, so unfortunately, this would be for the resonator only. It's got about 3-4k miles on it, because the original one I received, had bad baffling. So brullen sent me a new resonator, minus the pipes. The pipes and brackets were carefully cut and rewelded back onto the new resonator, and voila, perfect system again.

Like I said, deep, throaty, lightweight, and a perfect fit on your car. It's still on my vehicle, as I don't want to take it off unless I get a good enough offer for it. Slap on a nice magnaflow, brullen, or remus muffler, and you could have yourselves a relatively cheap, but quality exhaust system.

Once again, it's not LOUD, no drone, but I'm edging away from a louder exhaust.

Thanks

Chris :shock:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually don't really know how much these would go for... especially used... kinda why I'm doing a feeler for now, to see if there is any type of demand for it.

Also, not sure if shipping to California woudl be worht your trouble, but shoot me a price, and we can see from there.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A muffler, any freer flowing one than the stock one will do. It comes with all the piping back to muffler inlet, so even a cheapy one would do, or if you can source a brullen one, that would definetely work, or magnaflow, remus, etc.

·
Registered
536 Posts
chris, how much did you buy it for originally. I would say I'm pretty interested.

Erik

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, since the demand is there, I will have time to HOPEFULLY take this off this weekend, and put my stock resonator back on. Assuming so, it will be dibs for anyone. I have to say this... if I find a local buyer, I will be hard pressed to sell to anyone else where I would have to ship, as since this includes all hangers, piping from cat back to the muffler, I woudlnt' even know where to begin to package/ship. So tehrefore, unfortunately, local buyers would get bumped up to the top of the list, but i have kept track of any who have pm'ed/replied in order of postings...

If I don't get this thing off this weekend, the latest it will be ready to ship will be the weekend before thanksgiving, so like the weekend of the 19th I believe.

Here is what you would receive:
-What you see in the first image, plus the piping from the resonator over the axle to the muffler. Add muffler, you have yourself an exhaust system.

the second pic shows pic of how nicely this fits on your car. NO fitment issues.

now a full brullen exhaust will run about 800 according to a quick long distance call to you crazy canadians (where brullen is located)... i'm NOT looking for anything near the price of a new full system, but brullen doesn't sell just the resonators, only the full pacakge.

If you're wondering how much i'm looking to get? consider the 50-80 i'll have to spend just to get this thing off of my car... not to sound greedy, but if i can't make much more on top of it, i'll just live with it for now...

Thanks for your support! Just thought I'd do this post rather than replying to the PM's I've been receiving.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
A bit off topic but how different is this brullen sound than that of the 1.8t version? Is it indicative of how loud/quiet a typical brullen system is? When you describe "sports car" exhaust, that sounds good. What I"m trying to stay away from is "ricer" or "tuner" sound. THREAD HIJACK :lol:

-Wapptor

·
Registered
536 Posts
chris, im telling you man, i want this, but you gotta come up with a price. hit me up on the AIM

Erik

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Erik-

Saw your message on AIM, and didn't catch you in time. IM again if i'm around and hopefully I'll be around. Shoot me a price for it too...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts