Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Feeler: Brullen Exhaust System group buy

2K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  mrkazoo 
#1 ·
Feeler: Brullen Exhaust System group buy (6/10 ppl so far)

UPDATE: I put the car on a lift and discovered that the damage was very minor and am not going to upgrade at this time. I'll maintain this GB for a while until someone else volunteers to take over.

I'm going to buy a Brullen Cat-Back (yes, including DP) system sometime soon and am hoping that about 10 of you are interested in them too.

I just spoke with Richard at Brullen and he quoted me:
Retail price = $750 + shipping ($38 to the Midwest) for the complete system

Last group buy:
Around $650 + shipping

Show me some interest and I'll contact Richard and work out a deal. I expect him to offer us the $650 price with 10 purchases. I'm buying either way since I got rear ended
and insurance will be paying part of the bill.

Current GB Members:
** gjd6640 (backed out)
1) daxiang28 (tentative)
2) octick
3) Talon Load
4) hrvat1 (tentative)
5) BigSwirv
6) mrkazoo

Brullen exhausts are now available for the 1.8T Passat B5/B5.5

For info about the product contact:

Richard Garcia at Brüllen Exhaust Systems, Inc.
Feel free to mention ClubB5

1-888-278-5536

<![CDATA[UPDATE: I put the car on a lift and discovered that the damage was very minor and am not going to upgrade at this time. I'll maintain this GB for a while until someone else volunteers to take over.

I'm going to buy a Brullen Cat-Back (yes, including DP) system sometime soon and am hoping that about 10 of you are interested in them too.

I just spoke with Richard at Brullen and he quoted me:
Retail price = $750 + shipping ($38 to the Midwest) for the complete system

Last group buy:
Around $650 + shipping

Show me some interest and I'll contact Richard and work out a deal. I expect him to offer us the $650 price with 10 purchases. I'm buying either way since I got rear ended
and insurance will be paying part of the bill.

Current GB Members:
** gjd6640 (backed out)
1) daxiang28 (tentative)
2) octick
3) Talon Load
4) hrvat1 (tentative)
5) BigSwirv
6) mrkazoo

Brullen exhausts are now available for the 1.8T Passat B5/B5.5

For info about the product contact:

Richard Garcia at Brüllen Exhaust Systems, Inc.
Feel free to mention ClubB5

1-888-278-5536

[Modified by gjd6640, 6:35 PM 10/16/2002]

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Feeler: Brullen Exhaust System group buy (OCTICK)

We have 2 people now.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>If he is willing to do another GB, I am in. But, he stated previously sometime next year would be the next GB.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suspect that if we call him and tell him we have 10 buyers he'll do it whenever we want. If we get a couple more people in on this I'll call him and hammer out an agreement.

#4 ·
Re: Feeler: Brullen Exhaust System group buy (gjd6640)

I haven't decided on which tips to go with. I kinda like the sleeper look so I'm considering going with non-chrome stainless steel tips turned down like the factory ones. My only concern is that I may kick myself later if I decide that I like the flashy look. Hmmmm.

[message moved out of inital topic]

#7 ·
Re: Feeler: Brullen Exhaust System group buy (Talon Load)

I am interested in the group buy but I need to know exaclt what price he is looking to charge.

thanks!

#9 ·
Re: Feeler: Brullen Exhaust System group buy (daxiang28)

Just an update. Originally, I was going to get the downpipe within this week but it turns out he didn't have the piping. I talked to Richard and I mentioned the groupbuy and he said that he would entertain another groupbuy for us.

So... if gjd6640 or maybe someone else wants to head this thing up, then we can get the ball rolling immediately. (I guess I can do it if no one else wants to...
)

#11 ·
Re: Feeler: Brullen Exhaust System group buy (mrkazoo)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>So... if gjd6640 or maybe someone else wants to head this thing up, then we can get the ball rolling immediately. (I guess I can do it if no one else wants to...
)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MrKazoo: Feel free to take over. I suggest copying my first post into a new topic and changing it from a feeler to a GB. Now might be a good time to talk to Richard and get a firm price/agreement.

If you post a link to the new topic here I'll edit my first post to point to the new GB topic.

Good luck guys!

#13 ·
Re: Feeler: Brullen Exhaust System group buy (blakwag)

any way we can see a picture of this group buy?

#22 ·
Re: Feeler: Brullen Exhaust System group buy (BigSwirv)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Any news? If you need any help, let me know.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say that if anyone's trigger happy on this just go ahead and call Richard and set it up. Check this thread first, then update it after you speak to Richard with all the details. That would be a good time to open a new thread for this GB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.