Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

since sooo many guys are asking ... i'm planing to get a "modding set" for all B5.5 Bi-Xenon HID drivers at the USA!

With this set, you will be able to use the automatic and dynamic leveling system of your HIDs!

Set contains:

- 2 sensors for the axis
- ECU for automatic leveling
- wire harness from ECU to sensors
- wire harness to headlights

Picture shows the sensors + ECU

Dynamic leveling means: The ECU corrects the adjustment of the HIDs when driving faster, slower, at rough roads, etc.

Also a nice "show" feature: When starting the car, the HIDs will do a self-check (going down and up one time) ... see video: http://mitglied.lycos.de/vwpassatb5/lwr.mpg

Since it's unaffordable with new parts, i will try to get used ECU's and sensors from the Recycling Center of VW. Wireharness will be new.

Install time: About 3-4 hours i estimate - instructions included.

Price (10 orders or more): expect 200-250 USD.

Any interest?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No mod is impossible :)

Two sensors at the left front and rear axis install ... and some wires from left rear to front (left and right) ... a nice work for a warm day :-D

·
Registered
835 Posts
RL331 said:
I'm interested - what is the extent of difficulty for the install - where do the sensors go etc. - I know instructions are included but would like to get an idea first.
I second that.. And would like to see some pics of them installed if possible. Thanks..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Auto Leveling Components

I am VERY interested. I have a 2004.5 1.8T 4Motion Sedan. Will the kit work with 4Motion suspension? :???:

·
Registered
835 Posts
I dont think he's doing this anymore. since its over 2 months old since his last post.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.