Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I thought I would make a thread to gauge interest for a group buy type of purchase on euro parts. Over the years of setting up and putting on SoWo our crew has gotten quite a few contacts in europe and have been approached by one interested in shipping us uero parts (we woudl in exchange be sending him whatever us spec parts he wanted) the only issue is that to make it worth while we would have to fill a 20" container with parts. we will be bringing in mostly MK3 parts but i though i would see if there is any interest in passat parts, I am thinking mostly euro hatches/trunk lids and possibly rub strips if there are any in decent shape. if there is something specific someone wanted we could try to source that too.

we dont have a lot of details yet, as we are still trying to gauge the possibility right now but prices would be for sure lower than average going rate, and additional discounts would be given to those that "pre-order" and pay for parts up front. the pre order will be the part that makes or breaks it, any way we look at it it will be thousands of dollars in shipping alone. please let me know what you guys think and who would be interested (and I understand that some of this depends on price... as I said, it will be cheaper than this stuff usually sells for) if there is any interest we are also talking about getting some of the "euro size" tires that are only available overseas (like the ones BFI used to have) so thats a possibility too if there is interest.

·
Registered
107 Posts
How far out is this from happening? Yes, knowing what type of pricing we are looking at would be extremely helpful.

I personally don't want to 'pre-order' or commit to purchase anything until I know the exact amount of time and price for me to get the parts.

As of right now, I have a keen interest in replacing my wood trim with the Euro OEM Net Optic trim.

Thank you,

AMMOCAN

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
I have a keen interest in replacing my wood trim with the Euro OEM Net Optic trim.
A lot of those Euro-Only interior trim parts are super expensive and hard to find over here in the states. The don't take up much space and aren't heavy. I wonder if a company like ECS would be willing to place a good size order with you?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.