Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buy a New (at lesat new to me) Leather Interior for my 99 B5. And that means that I will have a spare Set of Seats and parts. It is in Really nice condition. Tan Cloth. No Power, Not Heated. I was thinking around a couple hundred. Any thoughts? I don't know what it would cost to ship. I use a cargo shipper "SEKO Worldwide" for National shipping. ~ 65 cents per pround. Well...Let me know if anyone is interested ro, knows of anyone who might be.

Oops...I am in raleigh, NC ...zip 27612

Russ :roll:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Are you only going to sell it intact? If you're parting out, I'd take a lower drivers seat cover.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not know...I am just trying to see if there is any interest in it. My wife is gettin on me about buying a new set of seats for the car.... She not Happy :evil: .. So, there it is....the seats are in very good condition. What would you feel is areasonable price for the part you were interested in?

Russ :weirdo:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does NE1 Have experience selling a Cloth Interior? What is a reasonable Price??? :poke: Wife is Big time on my Back!!!!

I need Leather! :weirdo:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Well considering if you sold the entire seats, one airbag alone is going to be well over 200 bucks. If I were you? I'd go the route of Katskins and get the leather cover that already goes over your seats. Then you could sell the cloth itslef, and save on shipping...

curious, where did you find an entire leather seat set that you are able to just swap? and for how much? depending on your price for the seats altogether, then you WOULD be doing the right thing as a new leather kaskin set installed would run you near 1 grand.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
What he said. :thumbup: If you haven't purchased these entire new seats, check out Katzkin!
That said, I'll PM you. :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Seats that I am looking at are "New" to me. Not New, new. I am getting them from a "Recycleing Center".....Ok...from a Scrap Yard..... :suspicio:

Still thinking. $1000 for the Katskins is more $$$ than I have to spend. I am sure they are worth it but, ain't got it.

Russ :beer:

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Are you selling interior trim too? If we get enough vultures, can I vulture the cloth door panel trim? Mine has a hole in it. :weirdo:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow....50 Bucks and NO Bites!!! Complete Seats? Hardware everything? Yikes! Don't let my wife here that!!!! :nervous: She hates the idea as is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
[email protected]
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing