Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, my wife and I are strongly considering selling because she doesn't feel comfortable driving the car w/ the kit and I can't sell the kit because it won't come off unless it's cut! I've already sold a few performance/aftermarket items like the TT exhaust, Remus muffler, ABD intake, 19" Milanos, tinted tails and JOM badgeless grill. The car will include the following:

2001.5 VW Passat GLS 1.8T 64K miles
5 speed
VOTEX front
VOTEX sideskirts
VOTEX rear
VOTEX diffuser (custom cut for exhaust)
stubby antenna
tan leather interior (heated seats)
Monsoon radio w/ CD player AM/FM cassette
H&R Sport Springs
Koni Adjustables (yellow)
clear side markers
tinted windows (35% all around)
16" Road Americas (bought from a fellow PW'er. These have several scratches/rash.)
(currently in the market for 19" rims/tires OR if sold I will provide $500 bonus cash towards the purchase of aftermarket rims/tires of your choice!)

Car runs excellent. Normal wear and tear but kept garaged and clean. Only synthetic oil used. Door pulls have slight peeling and rear lighter on the center console is damaged (pics to follow).

ASKING $10,500 OBO.

For Questions:
[email protected]
PM
(614)946-7662.

ONLY SERIOUS INQUIRIES PLEASE.

Carfax report technically lists me as the third owner but that is not the case:
http://www.carfax.com/cfm/FSBO.cfm?report=4A7121DF2858BAC97D29545138C7A4CE

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
10K is a nice price as is ............ so it looks like the current picture just with road americas?

ATT:1st dibs on the votex front & sides if car gets parted out:lookout:

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
this might come to NYC .... My brothers intrested ...gonna look @ the pics in the morning and we'll talk.
Questions.
1- original motor & turbo
2- clean car fax ?
3- Paint Flaws

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this might come to NYC .... My brothers intrested ...gonna look @ the pics in the morning and we'll talk.
Questions.
1- original motor & turbo
2- clean car fax ?
3- Paint Flaws
Original motor and turbo. Never been in an accident. It's a black car, so there are some nicks, etc. but nothing noticeable. The entire front end was sprayed when the kit was installed. It's raining today but I'll take as many pics as possible...

Ron.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yea, I didn't think it would be very easy to remove the kit with all that glue. I've been considering doing the same thing, but everytime I look at my car I just can't see parting with it just yet. It's still in mint condition after 5+ years and only 54k miles.

btw, very nice car you have there and good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
has the timing belt (and other fun stuff while doing the timing belt) been done?

My dad is looking for a new car for my sister, he has been asking me a ton of questions lately about B5.5 passats, so this could have potential.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ronnie, what do you have in the way of reciepts,
I haven't done anything major to the car in terms of maintenance because it has not run like it needs anything done to it. I have had it serviced at a VW certified mechanic shop for oil changes. I've had a relay replaced due to stalling and have not had that issue anymore.

Partially because I commute to work a total of 5 miles/day and the fact that we usually drive our SUV over the weekends to accomodate family, the likelihood of any major mechanical malfunctions are slim. If you look at the CARFAX report, you'll see that I put 10,000 miles on the car since I bought it 1 1/2 years ago! :) I hope this helps.

Ron.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
has the timing belt (and other fun stuff while doing the timing belt) been done?

My dad is looking for a new car for my sister, he has been asking me a ton of questions lately about B5.5 passats, so this could have potential.
Make sure your father makes the trip when you visit! :thumbup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wow, I really wish this was posted in the spring because I'll be looking for a new car then. You're close and you have a gorgeous .5. Bump for a good deal.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts