Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK everyone I have had my W8 for three and a half years now and although I still enjoy driving her as much as the first day I picked this baby up. I feel I have done all I can with my lady and have begun to think of other woman that can replace her.
This is not an easy decision being all the time me and her have spent together but lately some of these younger beauties with more under there clothing are giving me naughty thoughts so much so I have decided to ask for some advice.

Here are some of the names,

2005 Audi B6/S4 (Am considering this design instead of the B7)

2006 Audi B7/S4 (Not a fan of the new grille but don't enjoy having a previous generation design) :rolleye:

2006 M3 Coupe (Would like a convertible but out of price range. Plus new design is expected to be out soon. Remember I don't like having a previous gen.) :crazy:

2006 Audi C6/A6 3.2 (Have heard from a number of people this motor lags big time. But the design is hot plus 4.2 is a bit out of my range)

2006 V8 Toureg Fully loaded (Never really owned a SUV before so I don't know if I can do it now)

2006 Passat 3.6 loaded (Not really an option but have to stay somewhat loyal)

2006 Volvo S 60 R (Has caught my attention quite a bit just hear that Volvo will stop making this model after 06)

2002 W8 Done up Flippped style.

Feel free to add any other possibilities or comments TIA.

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
Only one I would not suggest is the Toureg. (reliabilty, and horrible re-sale) are two main reasons.

M3, or 07 S4 are my 2 choices. In that order.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Salty D said:
Only one I would not suggest is the Toureg. (reliabilty, and horrible re-sale) are two main reasons.

M3, or 07 S4 are my 2 choices. In that order.
D, these happen to be at the top of my list. As for the M3 I would like to wait and see what the new design will look like in person before committing to the current model. And in regards to the 07 S4 I am really trying to like the new design but its not growing on me as fast as I would like therefore, my reason for looking into the B6/S4.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
My next suggestion was going to be a Cayman -- but that would be too small for sure.

How about a 550i with M bodykit and sport package?

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JamesBondage said:
My next suggestion was going to be a Cayman -- but that would be too small for sure.

How about a 550i with M bodykit and sport package?
I've considered the Cayman but it gets a little to pricey for me once I start putting it together and as for the 550I again to much money. Appreciate the thoughts though.

If your wondering I am not looking to go over the 55K mark. ;)

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Get the B7 S4. The outside is growing on me more and more everyday, and it's really starting to make the B6 look dated, especially in the front. Don't get me wrong, like the e46 coupe, I think the B6 is a classic design, but it's starting to show its age in performance areas.

By performance, I'm talking about the more rigid chassis, the technology (adaptive headlights, OEM Nav, full color MFD), cupholders (the B6 has that retarded in dash holder), and not to mention the last year for the full maintanence.

I was following one today, charcoal (forget the actual name) and the quad tips looked uber sexy with the S4 rear.

Although not as fast as the M3, the S4 is no slouch, and I honestly can't stand the M3 exhaust note. The 330ci sounds better IMO. The exhaust potential with the 4.2 V8 makes my pants tighter, and you can always get an RS4 later :D

If not the S4, then look for a used M5. I still think that that's the ultimate sedan on the road.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Chris you make some great points, but the B7 A4 gains chassis and suspension upgrades from the B6 S4 while the B7 S4 gets no perfomance upgrades that the B6 didn't already have. I do agree that the M3 exhaust is a "tinny" POS.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
True true. Have you test driven the new IS350? If that came in a manual, it'd be over.

When the taste of lexus was in chicago, they let us BEAT on the IS and hands down it felt more planted than the 330i they had against it. Sizewize, it's a little small for your criteria, but then again, it's really not as small as it seems. Hell, why not a GS300?

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Dibs on the navi if you jump ship.. :)

I've thought about it as well but there's really nothing in my current price range that I like but, if the job with the AUDI dealer in Pa works out - service director - ;) there might be some "S" vehicle in my near future.. ;)

Either way I'll probably still keep the W. Still turns heads and I still love the car.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
James, Lotus has never done anything for me so we can rule that out.
Chris as for your points the are very good and in regards to Lexus I have considered both the IS350 and GS430. My two issues with the IS350 is one I would prefer AWD and it only comes RWD on the 350 and the IS250 would be to slow for me. And the Second problem is I feel it looks like a car for Mini Me. Now as for the GS the 300 doesn't have the power I would like and the 430 gets very pricey.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
VWGUY4EVER said:
Dibs on the navi if you jump ship.. :)

I've thought about it as well but there's really nothing in my current price range that I like but, if the job with the AUDI dealer in Pa works out - service director - ;) there might be some "S" vehicle in my near future.. ;)

Either way I'll probably still keep the W. Still turns heads and I still love the car.
Ronnie, Trust me I still love the car and enjoy seeing peoples faces when they realize a Passat can look this hot or even better seeing the power it has. :lol: That feeling alone makes me want to keep her. But as time moves ahead faster cars keep coming out. Which is a reason i am looking at either an S4 or the S60-R.
Now if or when I do decide to move on I will let you get first dibs on anything thats on my 8. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
If it's all about the speed, get an Evo or Sti and be done with it.. :biglaugh:

If I get the job and can work the numbers as the "big cheese(head), something BIG with a V10 will be in my future.. ;)

And WTF are we doin up at 3 am ?!?!? :crazy:

Nitie nite.. :sleep:

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
VWGUY4EVER said:
If it's all about the speed, get an Evo or Sti and be done with it.. :biglaugh:

If I get the job and can work the numbers as the "big cheese(head), something BIG with a V10 will be in my future.. ;)

And WTF are we doin up at 3 am ?!?!? :crazy:

Nitie nite.. :sleep:
I broke my hand over the weekend and can't work until it gets better. Now as for a EVO or STI I have to words for you knw what make that three Go Fcuk yourself!:p :poke: :lol: I'll leave all that garbage with Harry. :lol:

As for the new job I hope it works out you definately deserve it. And if It does I am looking forward to getting a chance to drive that V10. :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
chrisyoon said:
When the taste of lexus was in chicago, they let us BEAT on the IS and hands down it felt more planted than the 330i they had against it.
Did you see what tires Lexus put on their car vs. what they shoed the bimmer with? :lol:

I agree with you on the IS though, it would be amazing if they gave it a proper manual.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Flippped said:
I broke my hand over the weekend and can't work until it gets better. Now as for a EVO or STI I have to words for you knw what make that three Go Fcuk yourself!:p :poke: :lol: I'll leave all that garbage with Harry. :lol:

As for the new job I hope it works out you definately deserve it. And if It does I am looking forward to getting a chance to drive that V10. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Where the hell are Harry and Jeff posting up their antics today? I miss reading their girlie squabble.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts