Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boot is all torn and my shifter is missing the gear sticker want to change it out this winter. It's too bad it's not a threader shifter like my ol' integra.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I believe the GLS trim came with a crappy plastic fake leather boot that quickly deteriorates. The higher trims came with a real leather boot that seems to hold up pretty well, based on what I see in the junkyards. I just found a very nice leather boot in the yard to replace my original plastic-ey one. It looks new and is as good as anything I can imagine being there. I have an OEM wooden knob I might refinish also. It seems like they tend to develop cracks in the plastic finish so I'm going to sand it down and put on some sort of oil finish I think. I don't know what to do about the top disc cover that shows the gear layout. Without it the knob looks pretty dumb since there is a big groove where it mounts but I don't know how to replace it and keep the knob finish nice.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I bought this...The knob doesn't actually fit but I just hit it one time with my palm and its stuck on ever since. Not high quality by any means(Cheap plastic knob) but looked better than my super worn one that was there. Boot looks and fits good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JN1TEJ0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you just need the decal a quick google turns up quite a few, nothing exactly passat but im sure one would fit if you measured.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
That's a good price! I still like the one I picked up at the junkyard but I knew they were that cheap I probably would have just gotten this one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts