Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone well I have a broken coil pack, and the dealer won't fix it because it is out of the recall vin# 's I am wondering if somone who is getting thier coil packs changed from a V6 could ask the dealer for their old coil packs back and I will pay some shipping cost to get them, by law the dealer has to give you any parts they take off your car so if you ask they will gladly give them back, this would be a real help, new packs cost alot!!!!

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
I don't think they HAVE to give you back an item replaced through a recall, just items replaced through wear & tear and those that broke.

However, good luck though!

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
sameero said:
The dealer has to send back any replaced part to VW under warranty. I think it will be difficult to get one like that. Good luck!
True.

However, items replaced under recall are typically NOT sent back to VW-it just depends on the particular recall.

The dealer does not have to send back coils replaced under the WG recall.

Doesn't matter though-V6 Passat coils were never recalled to begin with, so they wouldn't have any used ones laying around like they would a 1.8t.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CLOSED

hey thanks guys, yes the V6 was recalled so were some Audi TT's and A4's just looked at VWUSA online,

this thread can be CLOSED

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
if the coil packs off a 2002 passat 1.8T fit i have a pair :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Re: CLOSED

JackCash said:
hey thanks guys, yes the V6 was recalled so were some Audi TT's and A4's just looked at VWUSA online,

Yes, that is true, though it is a different engine :roll:. The Coil Packs on the 3.0 Audi engine were recalled, I don't remember hearing anything about the VW 2.8 engine. Does our 2.8 engine even HAVE coil packs? I thought I read something somewhere saying that our Ignition system is different.

·
Registered
168 Posts
well i just sent my 2003 glx v6 30valve back to the dealer again today cause my ride is misfiring again. this crap is getting very old for an engine not even over 13kmiles...

i already contacted VWoA now my dealership is giving me personal service. i hope they figure it out.... cause in trafic its getting anoying and potentially dangerous.

cheers
Ganx14
:oops: :nervous:

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts

JackCash said:

Someday you'll figure out that when I say something, it's true.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Sharky said:
JackCash said:

Someday you'll figure out that when I say something, it's true.

thanks for the heads up, looks like I was wrong

1 - 11 of 11 Posts